Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

-gasp- pretty!!!! lol. I am sure my Madame would too take offense. A pitch black with metallic green/blue (depends on her mood o_O)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #22 
Luimeril

TA-DAH! there she is. my pretty Heavy. :3 tell me NOW, that all females are brown and ugly. xD
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #23 
Sena Hansler

I know right? xDD Or just like "male bettas only come in solid colors".... Crayola would be offended. As would Shiloh, Spartan, Maine, Voldemort, Ghengis, Nemphis, Reggie,.... oh hey, all my males xD Even new addition, yellow El Dorado!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
Dude I heard the craziest stories when I was first getting into bettas. You won't even believe this, but I've heard this more than once--so people really believe this story.

"Bettas lay their eggs in the dirt in the dry season. Eventually someone comes by and will step on that dirt and their footprint will help condensation form until there is a small footprint shaped puddle. The egg will then hatch and the betta is born into a tiny puddle where it benefits from the ammonia and bacteria gathered from the footprint depending on what the person stepped on before. The more bacteria the person gathered on their foot, the brighter colored and healthier the betta. If a person takes them out of the footprint sized puddle and puts them into a larger puddle they will die from not getting enough bacteria to survive"

I'm not even kidding. That was their excuse for dirty bowls. I heard this at three petstores, at my school, and at my friend's house. Who is telling this story to everyone??!

I never heard that one before. Wow!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #25 
betta lover1507

i employee told people that " after spawning the female betta fish eats the male"
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #26 
erinandares

When my friend heard I was dividing my twenty gal for my bettas, she was like "Those are gonna be some huge bettas!" I asked what she was talking about and she was absolutely convinced they were going to grow to the size of their tank. Then, when I told her they wouldn't get much bigger than they already were, she just said "No reason to get upset, Erin, just because you're wrong." >.>
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote