Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #31 
LittleBettaFish

Since you live in Egypt Nouran, you could even keep your betta outside in a pot or tub during the warmer months. Some floating plants such as water lettuce or duckweed (not sure what plants are available to you over there) would help keep waste down and give him somewhere to hide.

Not only would he have more room to swim around, but I'm sure he would be happy feasting on insects and mosquito larvae.

Just an idea I thought I'd put out there.

Also, while a 100 gallon tank is ideal for goldfish, as big as you can afford to go is better than nothing. If you could eventually upgrade to a 40 or 50 gallon (approx. 200 litres) they should be fine to live in there permanently so long as you stayed on top of water changes and invested in a good filter.

Last edited by vaygirl; 10-19-2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Please stick to the OP's topic
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #32 
gypsydancer

Where I agree the minimum size tank for a betta should be 2.5 gallons. If you have room the bigger the better. As for 110 gallons for goldfish ? I don't think so. Goldfish are like many other varietys of fish that only grow to fit the size of the aquarium they are in. I agree they ARE dirty fish, but a smaller tank only means more water changes and good bio filtration. 10 gallons for two goldfish is just fine as long as the fish aren't oversized for the tank to begin with.
gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #33 
BettaMiah

No, fish do not grow to the size of tank they are in. Thats bull. They get stunted anfd die in too small of a tank.

And why did you have to bring this back up? We solved the problem.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:32 PM   #34 
diablo13

I would say an absolute mom. For 2 goldfish is like 55. With 2x weekly water changes. Calling Bull on the 10 gallon thing.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #35 
BettaMiah

55? I call bull again. 55 each.

God, friggin mosnter goldfish. You're so cute.... but so needy!!
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #36 
Bombalurina

I call a compromise between Miah and Diablo. For two comets, 75 gallons with double filtration is good. :)
Kiddie pools and plastic tubs = best and cheapest grow-out tanks you could wish for whilst you save for larger tanks. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:27 PM   #37 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
No, fish do not grow to the size of tank they are in. Thats bull. They get stunted anfd die in too small of a tank.

And why did you have to bring this back up? We solved the problem.
Miah, be nice. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote