Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #1 
tracyalexa

rare or hard to find?

So, what do you think the hardest to come by type / color betta is? I hear a lot of people say purple for color. What about everything else? Veils are obviously the most popular type sold in petstore's. I am seeing more an more pk's in petstores as well.
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:41 AM   #2 
caitic10

VTs and CTs are most popular in Canada. We dont have petcos and the only petsmarts Ive every been to has only veiltails and crowntails. :(
caitic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #3 
lillylark

I've never seen a betta that's all purple or one that has a grass-green color. The only greens I've seen are metallic or dark green. As far as rarity of fin type, I've never seen a rose tail or double tail in any petshop...it's always been veils, crowns, and half-moons.
lillylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #4 
Laki

As for large chain stores, they make their money off the cheapest imports. VT and CT. Colors you can sometimes find nice variations. But for the most part here- I have seen only red and blues. I seen some really nice light blues. As for females and plakats there are the natural fish color and metallic blues and greens.

There are 2 family owned stores here that do pretty well. One orders online and ships direct from Singapore and he picks out cool colors and tail types depending on customer demand or interest. And the other place are all VT and CT tails but youll get nicer colors. Currently there are 3 dalmatians and I want them so bad! They've been there for so long too!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #5 
youlovegnats

I have yet to see a feather/rose in any store near my area. I'm sure they won't pop up anyways, they are X-factor fish after all ><. But I personally like them as just pets, not breeding of course. :)
I haven't seen any greens either. I see quite a few "purples" (light, light purple) here and there. Though I would LOVE to get a hold of a legit green at some point.
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #6 
LittleNibbles93

Blacks and solids whites are considered rare where I live, along with purple. though this place must be Dalmatian area, I've found quite a few dalmatian bettas in stores (well, okay, only two, one that I bought and the other I WOULD have bought, but I'm not allowed any more boys :C)
LittleNibbles93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #7 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleNibbles93 View Post
Blacks and solids whites are considered rare where I live, along with purple. though this place must be Dalmatian area, I've found quite a few dalmatian bettas in stores (well, okay, only two, one that I bought and the other I WOULD have bought, but I'm not allowed any more boys :C)
Where in KY do you live?
I'm in the Lexington-Louisville area and never find any Dals! xD
Old 10-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #8 
LittleNibbles93

Quote:
Originally Posted by youlovegnats View Post
Where in KY do you live?
I'm in the Lexington-Louisville area and never find any Dals! xD
O: I lived in Louisville last year! Then I moved....to dinky little Brownsville, or in other words Bowling Green. I found Cheddar in Lietchfeild, and I saw the other dal at a Petsmart in Louisville when I was visiting a friend.

The Petco I go to in Bowling Green has just about every color except black, white, and purple. (Jack's the closet thing to being purple.)
Old 10-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #9 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleNibbles93 View Post
O: I lived in Louisville last year! Then I moved....to dinky little Brownsville, or in other words Bowling Green. I found Cheddar in Lietchfeild, and I saw the other dal at a Petsmart in Louisville when I was visiting a friend.

The Petco I go to in Bowling Green has just about every color except black, white, and purple. (Jack's the closet thing to being purple.)
Aww Bowling Green isn't bad! It's pretty! :D
Louisville sucks... it's too small for me D: (coming from San Diego, CA to KY was quite the shock! But it's been nearly 7 years now. xD)
I'm sure the drive to Nashville isn't too far. You could try there, lol.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #10 
LittleNibbles93

Quote:
Originally Posted by youlovegnats View Post
Aww Bowling Green isn't bad! It's pretty! :D
Louisville sucks... it's too small for me D: (coming from San Diego, CA to KY was quite the shock! But it's been nearly 7 years now. xD)
I'm sure the drive to Nashville isn't too far. You could try there, lol.
It actually is. It takes about close to an hour to get to Bowling Green for me, Brownsville is a tiny town without a petshop, sadly. I think it'd be about 2 hours to Nashville from here? I don't know lol, I've never been there.

I hear there's a LFS somewhere in Bowling Green, but I can't find it....its near Petco, maybe next time I'll try and find it and video-tape it to share.