Personally, I live in TX and I am converting to using ONLY Ozarka natural spring water. I use Ozarka!! I LOVE IT!!! OMG!! ITs the ONLY water I will drink. So I KNOW the benifits, rather than assuming! =D My fish in natural spring water are actually more active, and healthier vs my tap water fish ( 2 tanks ). Here are 10 benifits at the top of my head:
1. cleaner, crystal clear water
2. soft water for bettas =D if you have CT's this will relax their extended rays. Tap water is usually hard, and water that is too hard can stress your fish's fins and make them curl or look frizzy. Bettas like soft water.
3. doesnt require conditioner ( but recondmended to still use it )
4. does not have any harmful micro critters
5. bottled at site, completely organic water! (no reverse osmosis or purified crap)
6 fishy's think it tastes better :p
7. does not contain chlorine or metal residue from faucet travel
8 safe ph
9. Ozarka does contain natural minerals for aquatic life in safe amounts!:
bicarbonate, ( kidney health!) calcium , sodium, magnesium ( pure h20 with no minerals will KILL life, as it drains all the minerals from an organism's body. So thats Bologna Sandwich if anyone says spring water has no or little minerals! I taught Biology, Chemistry, and Earth-Space science to elementry schools. )
10. CHEAP! 98 cents a gal at wamart! ;) great for water changes!!
Hope this helped!!! Betta keeping for almost 6 years now!!!
Last edited by Larsa; 10-25-2011 at 01:30 PM.