Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #11 
tracyalexa

I have an all black, an all white, a dragon that's yellow/white and I believe I have one or two feather/rose tails? Not quite sure:

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  21.0 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  22.3 KB

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  15.8 KB
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #12 
Luimeril

i find that true orange is pretty hard to find in pet stores. light orange, almost pink, but not crayon orange. that's why i treasured Zidane so much...
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #13 
tracyalexa

Luimeril, I saw one the other day at our LFS. He is buying all kinds from some breeder here. I almost got it...but didn't. It was completely orange with a tiny black spot on it's head. So adorable.
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #14 
Luimeril

Zidane had a peppering of black near his tail, and a little black square on his upper lip. x3 he was so cute! i miss him alot....
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #15 
erinandares

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleNibbles93 View Post
It actually is. It takes about close to an hour to get to Bowling Green for me, Brownsville is a tiny town without a petshop, sadly. I think it'd be about 2 hours to Nashville from here? I don't know lol, I've never been there.

I hear there's a LFS somewhere in Bowling Green, but I can't find it....its near Petco, maybe next time I'll try and find it and video-tape it to share.
It takes me about forty mins to get to Bowling Green. :3 If you ever feel like a good drive, there's a LPS here in Etown that sells all types of unique fish. Or do you have Feeder's Supply where you are, too? I got my pink dragon DT there, and they had all sorts of different types. They had a few double tails, lots of delta tails, the standard veils and crowntails. They also had a lot of marbles... All their females had nice, pretty colors, too, unlike other places where they all look dull. I guess because they had them in really nice water and stuff. :p

And I was a bit surprised when I went to buy my Spiridion at this WalMart in Radcliff. (Which I hadn't been intending to do, but his fins were falling off from rot! Eep!) They had a few white ones, one with pretty, pale green marbling. They had a peachy orange one with silver rays in his caudal fin. And ones that must be from the same breeder as Hermes, because they all had the steely blue fins and indigo bodies.

EDIT: But as far as rare fish goes, I haven't seen any PKs or HMPKs... I want to check out this other LPS in Etown for those. But only when I have room!! Lol
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #16 
PiscisAmor

I nabbed a green female CT at my LPS. I was pretty excited. My store sells doubles, kings, deltas, hms, crowns and veils, but that's it. Females only in VT or CT. I've never seen a rose or feather. My female is the only green I've seen. I saw a lavender once but not a deep purple
PiscisAmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #17 
purplemuffin

You know what's funny? I never see double-tail veil tails. Of all the doubletails out there, i really like the veileds to be honest
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #18 
LittleNibbles93

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinandares View Post
It takes me about forty mins to get to Bowling Green. :3 If you ever feel like a good drive, there's a LPS here in Etown that sells all types of unique fish. Or do you have Feeder's Supply where you are, too? I got my pink dragon DT there, and they had all sorts of different types. They had a few double tails, lots of delta tails, the standard veils and crowntails. They also had a lot of marbles... All their females had nice, pretty colors, too, unlike other places where they all look dull. I guess because they had them in really nice water and stuff. :p
Nope, the only pet shops I can seem to find are Petco, and a small personal owned one called Pet Emporium which, last I was there, was about to go out of business (but when I passed it 2 weeks ago, it looked like it was still open o_o ). I was sad that it was closing, the fish in there were so healthy, and the tanks so clean. And each tank had its own filter system, so if one tank god sick, it was only in that tank! :D

There might be a Feeders supply that I don't know of...I'll look >_>
LittleNibbles93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #19 
LittleBettas

The closest stor that sells bettas is Walmart... everything else is at least 2 hours away

My walmart however, has green, true green and the other ones (I have a green CT from there), orange (tempted to get a TINY crayon orange VT they have right now), purple, pink, solid red, blue, yellow, white, multi-colored, butterflies, mustardgas, marbles, dalmations, VTs, CTs, RTs

The ONLY color I have not seen is black

Last edited by LittleBettas; 10-25-2011 at 04:46 PM.
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #20 
betta lover1507

i say half moon crowntails (breed mix), crowntail plakat, lyric tails, double-veils, double lyric

colors might be orange dalamations, albino's, fully blue salamanders
am not much in rare knowings XP
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote