Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #1 
bettarainbow

Single male prefer or pair ?? Does coloration matters to you ??

I would like to know your opinions here, when you decide to buy a betta male, are you expecting to get a sibling female as well or it doesn't matter ??

How about coloration ?? Do you prefer fancy color, mix color, solid color, butterfly color or dragon kind ??
Which color do you think is more popular ??

Me, there is only 3 colors that i like: dragon color, solid color and butterfly.
I don't like mix and fancy ones.
bettarainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:05 AM   #2 
purplemuffin

Since I don't breed I expect to just get a male. I'm not set up for another betta at the moment, if I were to buy one or two and have a couple extra thrown in, I wouldn't know what to do as I wouldn't be ready for them!

When I have more money I would love to buy more pairs.They are always tempting!

I like salamander butterflies a lot on HMPKs, not so much on HMs. On crowntails I like solid black, solid red, or to have the fins a different color from the body. Metallics are always pretty! Some of the mix colors are messy, some are GORGEOUS! I do like dalmations of course, and the ever rare true purple.

I also want a pink male betta! :D Real pink too, not the coral kind of pink I see a lot.

I think it depends on the fish. Some fish don't pull off colors very well. Some dragons look terrible, some look great!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #3 
GreenTea

Dragon marbles ftw - and now that I'm getting into breeding, I want the females too! Usually I pick my females first, males second.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:14 AM   #4 
Indyfishy

I agree with purplemuffin, I would only expect/want to get the single male. If i wanted a female, I would ask for one specifically =)

Grizzle is my favorite color pattern by far. I really like blues of all shades, and I like turqoise dragons.

But color isn't near as important to me as form. I like even finnage, smooth scales, stream-lined bodies, and cute faces haha.
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:32 AM   #5 
trilobite

I'd want a sibling female definitely.
Colourwise I'm a big fan of dragon and metallic.
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #6 
Zappity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettarainbow View Post
I would like to know your opinions here, when you decide to buy a betta male, are you expecting to get a sibling female as well or it doesn't matter ??

How about coloration ?? Do you prefer fancy color, mix color, solid color, butterfly color or dragon kind ??
Which color do you think is more popular ??

Me, there is only 3 colors that i like: dragon color, solid color and butterfly.
I don't like mix and fancy ones.
Nope. I just buy one male at a time :)
Colorwise, I prefer blue or orange, or something like that. I like mixed or solid colors.
I'd say...probably red or blue is most popular, cause that's the majority of the colors at petstores.
I've had mostly blue bettas, but I had a silver/whitish one when I was little and I have an orange boy now:) All of them have been veil tails, and honestly, I prefer veil tails rather than the other tail types. But HalfMoon is realllly growing on me..
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #7 
betta lover1507

i will like a solid white HM male, and a long-finned HM solid white female though (for a pair). but just saying
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote