Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #1 
Draug Isilme

Other ways to baffle a filter(?)

I currently have my filter baffled with a piece of a plastic bottle as shown on this site, but I don't quite think it's enough. I still see my betta fish pushed around a small bit, especially where the water pours out on the sides... He doesn't seem overly stressed at the moment, but if it's possible, I'd like to baffle my filter more.. The tank is a 5g and the filter I'm using came with it- it's called 'Tetra Whisper PF10'. Nothing fancy, it says it's for 5-10 gallons, but I think the output seems a bit much for a fish that has large fins like a betta.... I also have a sponge over the intake so my fish won't get stuck to it, but it doesn't really do anything to slow the filter either..... Has anyone on this site ever baffle their filter in other ways? I know there's gotta be some, people on here are too creative on this site not to!

Please and thank you!
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #2 
Indyfishy

I saw a member on this forum baffle the filter by putting the lid from a pickle jar over the outtake (they anchored it by wrapping a rubberband around the entire filter). Wish I could find the link D=
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #3 
Kytkattin

I baffle mine with an aquarium sponge.

Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:29 AM   #4 
GreenTea

I baffled mine with fakes plants!

It adds some top coverage to my sorority.

GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:17 AM   #5 
Draug Isilme

I love all these suggestions ^.^ However, seeing as how it's happened again... I need to find a way to slow the intake water flow.... My filter leaks occasionally because of a flawed design with the filter and two small indents on the top back of the tank.... -.- I used to be able to just find a 'sweet spot' for the filter to sit, but now suddenly when I woke up this morning I heard 'drip... drip.. drip' I got up to check the tank, and the rag I put behind the tank on the off-chance it leaked again overnight was soaked! I'm furious at this point.... I need suggestions on how to slow the intake, because that's where my problem lies and it will slow the flow of water as well....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...PICT1239-1.jpg

The U-shaped intake tube won't sit low enough and the water intake is so great, that it flows up and leaks through the opening... Which wouldn't be all that bad had there not been a small upside down U-shape (which the tube doesn't even touch) that was meant to 'conform' to the tubes shape leaving it room to point downward.... Instead, it leaves room for leaks... -.- I really need help with this one, you guys... I'm at a loss and it's going to jepordize my fish and my snail's life, as well as possible water damage to my refrigerator and carpet ;__;... Plus I have school in a few hours, which I've been sick for the past two weeks, and that just makes matters worse >.<
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #6 
Sowman

I love the idea about the plant
Sowman is offline   Reply With Quote