Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #1 
eatingganesh

Question how to keep plants anchored

I had to go with plastic plants for the ease of care and despite the fact that I buried those suckers in a load of gravel, my snails have industriously upended them and sent them floating.

Is there any way to anchor them so that the snails can't upend them? I was thinking I could just affix them to heavy resin bases with some aquarium glue... would that work? any other suggestions?
eatingganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #2 
tf1265

You can tie them down to heavier rocks with fishing line or something of that nature. Thread doesn't work well, the water weakens it too much, but fishing line is a great choice. And with plastic plants you don't have to worry about tying it too tightly and severing the stems. I have used plastic twist-ties in the past in a pinch on real plants too. It's easier and far less permanent than aquarium glue. Probably cheaper too, unless you already have the glue.
tf1265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #3 
BellasMomma

I have one plastic bottom plant the i got for free and to keep it down i have wedged the gem stones in the plastic part. If u can get it where they wont pop out it works great, i havent had to redo mine...
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote