Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #11 
GreenTea

Oh that's so great! Your tank looks so much better, I'm sure he's much happier! Great job :)
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #12 
PSUPride923

it really does. it looks more colorful and it kind of makes the tank look bigger. i'm happy with it and really happy with the price we got it for
PSUPride923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:22 PM   #13 
Tikibirds

I tried the betta bulb plants from petco and they didn't grow but got moldy instead SO i got some amazon swords and water wysteria instead. They were buy 2 get one free with a petco pals card. So far, they do pretty good and I do not add anything special for them to the tank, just give them light. I like the wysteria because you can float it in the tank and the roots will grow downward from the plant. It gives the tank a more wild look and the betta loves to rest in them. But do be careful as to which plants you get, because as greentea said many of the plants petco sells as aquatic are not real aquatic plants - they are bog or marsh plants - the bottom is under water but the leaves are above water. Bamboo CAN work but it has to be tall enough that the leaves are not underwater.

Personally, I would be on the look out for floating plants. Eventually they will go on sale again. I think floating ones would work good with your setup as the top of the tank is empty and they will give the betta something to rest on near the surface :D

Aquatic stuff is $$ here, so I slowly add things to my tanks. If you have an ebay account, sometimes you can find live plants or decorations for cheap

Last edited by Tikibirds; 10-27-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #14 
GreenTea

Amazon swords are what's up...that duckweed and moss/moss balls are all I use. Compact amazon swords are adorable too and give good low coverage..
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote