Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-24-2011, 11:43 PM   #1 
Bambi

New spawn: has anyone fed golden pearls?

Well, i had two fry left from my last spawn that i had cupped, soon to be moved to my 20gallon..and my grandma dumped them on one of her cleaning sprees. >.> I couldn't yell at her because after i asked and explained it she felt really bad about it for not looking -in- the cups.

But....this brings about the chance to focus fully on a new spawn. I'm going to use my same boy but a new female(pk or ct).
My dad has offered to buy me some decap bse since i've had alot of success with it in the past, and the site also offers many sizes of "golden pearls". Has anyone used these?
Should i use the 5-50 microns or the 50-100 microns or larger? I want to have some variety in my foods, or at least a "next step up" from the decap bse when the fry grow.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #2 
cajunamy
Banned

I just got gp a couple weeks ago adn my fry and all my adults LOVE them! Best reception next to live foods.

I am not sure of the size, I bought mine off aquabid and I have size 1 which is a very small powdery granule, and a size 2 which is a bit bigger and about the size of a grain of sand, or about the size of newly hatched brine shrimp. My spawn is 7 weeks old and I had them on size 2 starting about a week ago.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:03 AM   #3 
Bambi

Sounds promising then, thank you for telling me. :) I'm assuming the size one is the smallest size(5-50) so i'll probably go with size two. feed egg yolk, then decap bse, then the size 2 GP, chopped blood worm or some smaller frozen foods?
Old 10-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #4 
cajunamy
Banned

yup i think it'd be safe to assume that. you'd need size 1 if you want to feed it from free swimming, which i would have done if i had it at the time. i do feed decaps and other powdered foods though from the start.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #5 
Bambi

Yeah,it get's them used to non-live foods and it doesn't cloud like the yolk does.

I'm going to be getting half a pound of decap eggs in november. <3 i plan to do alot more breeding in 2012