Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-31-2011, 07:44 AM   #11 
Gen2387

Hey, I'm a HUGE Supernatural fan, I suggest finding something that has a kind of pentagram on it, maybe a small gun, tombstone and OH! a replica of the Impala!!! Lol! Maybe as a tank background you could draw on a big paper all those protection symbols they have on the show or a Devil's trap and put it on the back of the tank.
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:58 AM   #12 
Pitluvs

Massive SPN fan here as well!!! All of my pet rats are named after characters, my first two were identical brothers named Sam and Dean lol I now have Bobby, Ash, and Loki. Lost Chuck and Cas. Anyways, I have been wanting to do a SPN tank since forever. I am thinking of getting vinal decals made for the outside and a dark interior with an Impala replica in a dark setting.

Hubby is a huge Smallville fan, red and blue theme with yellow added for color would he a good start.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #13 
Ksiezniczka

Also a Supernatural fan, I'd second the idea of finding something with a pentagram design on it, or the anti-posession design both Sam and Dean have tattooed on them. Or you can custom make a gravestone or two with the names of characters on the show who have died, as long as the paint is sealed with a tank-safe sealant.

Also, most tanks have an area behind them to put pictures, like a sort of desktop background but for fish tanks. Use that to your advantage!
Ksiezniczka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #14 
wallywestisthebest333

You could print out a screencap of a background of one of the shows for your tank background! =]

I suggest the car idea as well.

For a smallville theme you could always print a picture of the city skyline and try to find a few sky scrapers that are aquarium safe. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #15 
Gloria

The main reason I am thinking the Supernatural/ Smallville ideas would be too hard is because I am not sure what I can amd cannot use that would be aquarium safe. I dont even think I can get aquarium glue near me..
Thank you everyone for you thoughts and suggestions. Good to see we all have good taste in TV shows :D
Anymore suggestions/ thoughts are VERY much welcome. I have about 1 month to get my butt into gear and get all the stuff.
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:43 AM   #16 
Gloria

Ok so I am definetly going with the Smallville theme now as I have found out that's what he loves :)
The fish will be red (should be as both parents are) so I am thinking that should be the only red in the tank so he stands out more? Good Idea? Your thoughts?
I am thinking a nice background of the town or something as I think it would scare the Betta to have a background with people on it.

Also I was thinking about making and using this in my tank. Has anyone else on here come across this and made it? If so, is it ok to use? Otherwise has anyone on here made their own that works good?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZfi40v2O0k
Old 11-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #17 
audjree

i have to post here, because i'm a huge SPN fan too. haha (: though i'm not sure what kind of decor you would use for a tank. but a background sounds nice.
audjree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:00 AM   #18 
Gloria

I got my brother his tank today. I ended up getting an 8L tank, I dont think my mum will mind but it comes with it's own filter and an inbuild light in the lid and I have a heater for it too. Just have to try figure out decor now. I found a few pictures I like the idea of using for a background but cannot decide.
I will post them in a minute and I would like everyone to tell me what they think.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:06 AM   #19 
Gloria

Exclamation Backgrounds??

So these are the best backgrounds I could find. I do not know which of them would be the best to use. I am worried the ones with the people on them would scare the fish? Also, I was thinking a darker background as I think the fish will be fairly red and wanted it to stand out well. Not sure if i should make the tank too dark but. What do yous think?
Which background?

Name:  Smallville-smallville-14457906-1680-1050.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  39.0 KB

Name:  smallville_wallpaper.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  bostonSkyline.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  56.2 KB

Name:  fix.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  75.5 KB
Old 11-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #20 
Gloria

So I got my Brothers tank yesterday. I ended up getting an 8L tank. It is glass with a proper lid and inbuild light. It also has a filter and came with gravel, an ornament and a DVD on how to set up the tank.. It was $50 but that's ok. He is not getting it for another 2 months, but I was wondering, should I rinse everything now? Do I need to cycle it before I put his fish in it?

Still waiting on everyones thoughts of background. I think I am choosing between the first and the last