So along with my 20g sorority, Id like to have some guppies mixed in.
But I know next to nothing about guppies D:
I want them to breed, the fry will be some live food for the betta girls.
1. But how many should I have? I plan on having 7-8 betta girls, possibly a bristlenose pleco, maybe some shrimp? (Not sure on the shrimp) I can lower the count of betta girls if the tank is over stocked, I only have 2 in QT right now.
2. Whats the ratio of females to males? I dont want to be overrun with babies in case some of the fry do live. (Its a sorority so there will be a TON of hiding places)
3. Can I get brighter colored fins or should I stay with darker colored guppies?
Or does it depend on the personality of my girls? I really like the bright ones XD
4. Should I get separate food for the guppies?
Im feeding my current bettas betta pellets, is there a food they can both eat?
5. Would platies be a better choice of live bearers since they are bigger and have shorter fins, or does it matter?
6. How often do you get live fry with guppies, and how often should I feed the betta girls since they will be able to eat the fry as well?
7. Will the girls eat the whole fry or will I have pieces of baby fish littered around my tank? Because that would be horrifying D:
I think thats it o3o
Tank is filtered, heated, and has a ton of fake plants with sand substrate.
Any info or other tips would be appreciated c: