Old 11-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #11 
JayJo

This is my Delta Tail; Hollywood.

And this is my Halfmoon; Lark.

He didn't like the idea of having his picture taken. (:
JayJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #12 
mjoy79

haha! I love it! Hollywood and Lark are great names!
Hollywood looks all sparkly LOL
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #13 
JayJo

He's sooo shimmery! When I let him play with the mirror his tail turns pearly white. So pretty (: I can't wait to go to Petco today! I want MORE. But I think I'm just gonna look at tanks. JUST TANKS.

I got the names from horses I like (: Hollywood Dun It and Larksoneforthe money! Haha(:
Old 11-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #14 
mjoy79

Haha! I'm on my way to Petco now - but im putting blinders on when it comes to the betta endcap. I am getting a 10G for my giant HMPK. he needs more room :)
Old 11-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #15 
JayJo

Awhh lucky. Unfortunately for me the Betta lounge is just a few steps away from the entrance :( I just have to remember I have no room! And you're so lucky. I don't have the money for a 10g right now but I'm going to look at the Critter Keepers. I used to have one for a mino but it's back in my hometown. Bummer. ):
Old 11-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #16 
Pitluvs

What amazing pictures!! Your fish are beautiful. Thank you for taking our advice so greatly, we don't mean to put anything down that you're doing, we just want to help. It's so nice when a new member is open to change. Thank you! I started out with 1.5g for each of my bettas, and now I have divided 10g tanks which gives them just over 3g each. You will see such a change in your fish. Thank you for giving them a home and for doing all you could for the VT.

If you can, pick up a box of Aquarium Salt and Epsom Salt (found at pharmacies). Both are great for helping bettas get over sickness :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

Your bettas are so pretty!! We love pictures here. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #18 
mjoy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJo View Post
Awhh lucky. Unfortunately for me the Betta lounge is just a few steps away from the entrance :( I just have to remember I have no room! And you're so lucky. I don't have the money for a 10g right now but I'm going to look at the Critter Keepers. I used to have one for a mino but it's back in my hometown. Bummer. ):
The 10G I just bought was $12 :) I didn't come with anything so thats why its on the lower end. But neither do critterkeepers :). Plus i already have what I need at home.
Yah they were stocked with betta - some where still there from the last time I was there. This lavender/white king betta was still there from a month ago. I'm surprised! (Unless it was his twin). I was dead-set on not picking any more up or I would have gotten him. There were lots of other ones giving me puppy-dog eyes too. Its so hard. Sigh.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #19 
JayJo

Thanks for all the compliments! I'll pass them on (; My Bettas LOVE when I talk to them they come up to the surface and let me touch them and they follow me around(: And no worries, Pitluv, I just want my Bettas to have the absolute best!

mjoy, $12 seems suuuper cheap for a 10g! I'm def. going to Petco today after I talk to my boyfriend haha(:
I have Epsom Salt but I'll snag a box of the aquarium salt, too.
Also, would it hurt to get baby pellets? And oh! How do you tell a Betta's age??
Old 11-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #20 
betaguy

it isn't the wisest thing to touch them, when you do so they lose slime coat.
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote