Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #1 
CatherineGrace

My babies~

Recently my first betta fish Mr. Badfish died, so I spent some time studying more on bettas and purchased my boy Poseidon two days later.

When I first bought Poseidon, his color was dull and he seemed tiny. He was curious though and I fell in love.

Since his first day, he appears to have gotten bigger (though that might just be his fins looking fuller c: ) and he has quite an attitude! Last night I caught him flaring for the first time.

He knew I was taking pictures and he wouldn't stay still. Usually he floats near the front and shows off until I look at him. He also follows my finger. (: He's much more active than Mr. Badfish was.

Zoomin around.~

The next week I went to Petco (they don't really take good care of their fish) just to see what types they had. I realized they had about three females. One had a bad case of fin rot and was looking rough so I told one of the workers and he took her away.
Then I saw this pitiful tiny white female CT. I saw some blue on her fins and she looked like she had potential so I bought her and another tank.
She was pretty limp though she'd zoom around like she was frightened.
We named her Noodle.
I took her home and set her up, and she's since gained color. I also notice little blue spots on her body. I'm not sure what those red stripes are, but they were on her gills when I bought her and remain. It's her second day home and I can't get her to eat, though if I walk away and there's a pellet around she'll nip at it.

Here she is zoomin up.

Investigatin' some rocks.

Sorry for the wall of text and such. I'm just majorly in love with my bettas. :3
CatherineGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #2 
mjoy79

OMG. They're gorgeous!
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #3 
Luimeril

your girlie is SO CUTE! i LOVE that coloration, but females around here, i've never seen one that wasn't pure red, pure blue, cambodian, or black(except that ugly little yellow girl... how i wish i could have bought her!).
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #4 
CatherineGrace

Yeah the females I've seen in the pet stores around here are always pure red VT or black. The one with fin rot looked incredibly pitiful. I hid Noodle while I searched around the store more and when I came back this woman was looking at her and I kinda got a little territorial. "There's a gorgeous HM right there have you seen it?" And when she put Noodle back down, I nabbed her.
CatherineGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #5 
jskate94

Noodle is BEAUTIFUL! i've never seen that color combo before! you're very lucky. even though it's not recommended to breed pet store bettas, if i had the chance i would totally breed her! lol shes so pretty! Congrats! :D
jskate94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #6 
Sweeda88

Your female looks so much like my sister's female CT, Angel! SO cute!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:46 AM   #7 
Gloria

OMG!!! I want your girl, she is too cute!!!
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:40 AM   #8 
alysalouise

Love Noodle :) She looks like my girl Lilly, excepy Lilly has pink and black where yours is blue :)
I would have nabbed her too!
the pellets may be a little big for her to eat, try pintching them in half, i had to do that for a while with bot of my CT girls
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote