Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2011, 02:08 AM   #10891 
HatsuneMiku

was it for debate/speech class? .. i hated when teachers would make u do that and make u take the opposite stance of what you truly stand for
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:00 AM   #10892 
Bombalurina

Yeah, we have to do that a lot for our ethics class (good practice at being able to scrutinise and therefore strengthen our own viewpoints) but surely the betta thing is a matter of fact, not opinion.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #10893 
doggyhog

Rant: I HATE when people get all offended when I unfriend them on facebook. It's not like I don't like you, I just don't like all the annoying/sometimes rude things you post all over my wall...
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #10894 
Echo

so there i was, talking to another betta "rescuer" at work, when a co-worker interrupts our conversation with "so will one of you take mine? i bought it for my grandkids, and they're not the least bit interested.."
her grandkids are toddlers..
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #10895 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
Rant: I HATE when people get all offended when I unfriend them on facebook. It's not like I don't like you, I just don't like all the annoying/sometimes rude things you post all over my wall...
This is probably why I don't have Facebook. I couldn't take the drama. XD I mean, it seems as if having a Facebook page is like kind of having to moderate your own tiny forum sometimes.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #10896 
Echo

i have a facebook page. i have 11 friends on my facebook page. know who they are? my sister, one of my aunts, my hairdresser and good friend, my best friend who lives 1200 miles away, two good buddies that are stationed overseas (military) whom i send care packages to on occasion, and my tattoo artist (another good friend). the rest are folks from other bases (work related) on the other side of the planet whose profiles are programmed to trigger a text/email alert if anything happens that requires tech support, since i don't want them to have to wait 24 hours for a response. otherwise, facebook is thoroughly useless to me.
i will admit, though, that for a while there i had almost 50 friends. most were from work, some were from my high school (whom i hadn't seen in almost 20 years and remembered none-too-fondly). i got tired of the venom being spat back and forth, took out the hedge trimmers and got to clipping
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #10897 
Pitluvs

I have Facebook and almost 500 friends. I love it. But I'm a social person though, and enjoy interacting with friends and family I normally couldn't in person. Facebook has always been a positive thing for me :) Now join and friend me Sakura!!

Rant... My foot still hurts and I can barely walk. I still want my Get Better Soon betta and this house is so far gone on the clean scale its sick. I guess I can't expect hubby to clean AND look after the kids for me? Urgh can't wait to clean, but on crutches it no work so well.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #10898 
HatsuneMiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
lolol !! i can definitely relate to that ..

there's an option that doesn't allow those people to post on your wall .. you make a group .. add them all in .. and then dis-allow that group from posting on walls (on facebook the most strict limitation is the one that's taken .. so if they are in other groups they will still be blocked from wall posting) ^_^ that way you don't have to unfriend them

@pitluv
awwwwie D= .. i hope you heal fast soon !!

Last edited by HatsuneMiku; 11-04-2011 at 05:54 PM.
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #10899 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
How? Why? Where?
Yeah it's for debate.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #10900 
purplemuffin

Oh good grief. My friend just showed me those little "EcoAquariums" for african dwarf frogs. I had never seen them..a 4"x4" box...for two frogs...says you only have to clean twice a year!

I can't even... O_o
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou