Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #1 
freeflow246

So I rescued this little guy Tuesday....

... and today I stuck my hand in the tank, just to see how he would react. My first betta was very shy but is now pretty tame, and I wondered how this tiny baby would act if I had my fingers in the tank. He nibbled on my fingertips a bit and then lay in my hand. :) So cute. Pretty fearless for a fish. I would've taken pictures, but the camera wasn't in the room. I think he's going to be super friendly; he would follow my finger when I moved it across the glass literally the day I got him. Maybe he's so used to people because he was one of just a few fish in the store and was handled often? I have no clue lol.
Anyway, here are some pics of him, just so you know what he looks like. His name is Sushi. XD Treating him for his fin rot now, so no worries lol.
Attached Images

freeflow246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #2 
Indyfishy

That's soooo cute!!!! He has such an adorable little face, I can't wait to see what he looks like once he heals up =D my female does the same thing, when i stick my hands in her tank to scoop out water for her 50% water changes she bites my finger nails and rubs up against my fingers!
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #3 
BellasMomma

he's a beauty! its cute how friendly he is with u. its funnie when a fish nips at u its soooo freakin cute! but if a dog does it, its scary! i suppose its the difference in the teeth size
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #4 
Myates

Aww he will color up so beautifully in time! Glad to see you were able to rescue him, most people wouldn't of tried.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #5 
freeflow246

Thanks guys! Haha he's already a little brighter. I've been trying to feed him some bloodworms, but he's so small that I have to dig around and find the really small ones. :P
Old 11-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #6 
valleyankee

I am not fond of the nips. If he grabs you it may hurt. Did you ever hear them crunch their food?
valleyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #7 
purplemuffin

I've been nipped by Dionysus so many times, but it's never actually hurt me. Of course, I have cats, a dog, a bird, reptiles, and have handled untame HAMSTERS(OUWW!) so a fish bite is like...nothing! XD It did 'hurt' worse than the baby garter snake that got me, but neither of them broke the skin or anything like that, it was more of a surprise.

If a betta fish was koi sized, THEN that would hurt!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #8 
Bambi

a couple of my bettas nibble me aswell,it tickles more then anything. Such a cute boy,can't wait to see him healed up.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #9 
freeflow246

He just nibbles, so it doesn't bother me. Jalen has bit me a few times when he was trying to get food off of my finger, but it didn't really hurt. I've had been bitten by several mice and hamsters though, so a betta bite doesn't seem like much. :P