Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #11 
Zappity

YES. Mr. Bubbles, who I have now, is very...energetic. Whenever he sees me or anyone, he instantly comes to the front of his tank and starts doing his happy dance. He'll watch you, too, like if you wash your hands or look at him, or anything, really, he'll sit and stare at you. And if you put new things in front of his tank he'll swim over to where they are and look at them. Sometimes he'll even flare at them! It's really cute :)
My old guy, who was almost 5 1/2 when he died, had sooo much personality. He would watch you, like Mr. Bubbles, be he also would jump when he saw you! It was so sweet :) ♥
Mr. Bubbles just decided he wants to be a brat and scare my Grandma to death. I've 'trained' him to follow my finger around the top of his water, so I had my Grandma try it. Little Brat, he HAD to choose to jump for the FIRST TIME EVER when she wiggled her finger over his head! lol Nearly gave her a heart attack! lol it was funny, cute and startling all at the same time.
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #12 
CrowntailTwitchy57

just a few days ago, Akemi, my female, wouldn't stop swimming up and down the back wall of her tank. i was wondering why, and even put some flakes to draw her away. She wouldn't budge, just swam up and down, when i noiticed i left the container of bloodworms behind that wall! she knew they were bloodworms even though the label was turned around so there was no photo, and i know it was the bloodworms because as soon as i moved them away she left to go eat her flakes! smart, i guess... :)
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #13 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
I moved this to Betta Chat instead of the lounge. Hope that is fine. :)
No! It is not. *shuns*
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #14 
Sena Hansler

Spartan: had his baby stage, his lazy stage, had his rebellious stage, and now his "passing middle age" stage darn person...fish... ><

Tina: still throws herself at me. Not jump for food... No, she gets excited to see me jumps out of the water and slaps herself against the glass x.x record: 3 inches.

Sasuke: speedy little bugger will chase and chase and chase anything that moves in his tank - including your finger.. Might get him a laser pointer.

Shiloh and Reggie: although lacking in half his fins and having one side of his face damaged permanently he likes to flare and show off. Reggie only has 20% of his fins but you can tell he holds them grand (if they were there)

Ghengis Khan: he is a wimp. Acts all tough but move any closer he cowers from you "you wanna fight me? YOU wanna fight ME? Well then punk let's - NOOO GO AWAY!!!"

Just a few from the 12 adults I have.

Third smallest baby fry 4 weeks old: follows the leader - the biggest fry :)
Biggest fry: mexican stand off style... THIS one is boss. And stares you down O_O
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #15 
Bellus Bellator

My little man BB cracks me up as he's really aggressive.His way of saying hello is to charge to the front of the tank and flare with this demanding "feed me mummy!" face,I swear he's frowning at me.He even flares at the cats as if to say"you wanna piece of me ya pea brained hairball."
I'm pretty sure he thinks he's a shark.
He also patrols his tank for crumbs that are left over after feeding time and is meticulous.He'll inspect ever nook and cranny(he loves little nooks and crannys..I'm thinking of making more in the tank), he looks so smart while he's doing it, you can see him really thinking about it.
I'm also amazed by how much he loves stimulus,he loves the texture of the leaves on his java ferns and red ocelot.he likes to lay down in the roots of the java ferns and gently rub his fins over the driftwood,he really likes to "touch" things.
For all his aggression he's actually really sweet and friendly. He will swim over my hand and has never gone to bite me.He's such a wonderful, fussy little princeling, His personality turned out to be much bigger than I ever expected.
Bellus Bellator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #16 
valleyankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellus Bellator View Post
My little man BB cracks me up as he's really aggressive.His way of saying hello is to charge to the front of the tank and flare with this demanding "feed me mummy!" face,I swear he's frowning at me.He even flares at the cats as if to say"you wanna piece of me ya pea brained hairball."
I'm pretty sure he thinks he's a shark.
He also patrols his tank for crumbs that are left over after feeding time and is meticulous.He'll inspect ever nook and cranny(he loves little nooks and crannys..I'm thinking of making more in the tank), he looks so smart while he's doing it, you can see him really thinking about it.
I'm also amazed by how much he loves stimulus,he loves the texture of the leaves on his java ferns and red ocelot.he likes to lay down in the roots of the java ferns and gently rub his fins over the driftwood,he really likes to "touch" things.
For all his aggression he's actually really sweet and friendly. He will swim over my hand and has never gone to bite me.He's such a wonderful, fussy little princeling, His personality turned out to be much bigger than I ever expected.
Mine charges to the front of the tank too. I think I am suppose to be afraid......
valleyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #17 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyankee View Post
Mine charges to the front of the tank too. I think I am suppose to be afraid......

Oh. Be very afraid.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote