Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #1 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Before and after video?

Hey guys just wanted to see if anyone else has a before and after video series for their betta's. I just wanted to show how far my DT female has come since I bought her a couple months ago. Not only have her fins grew in but look at how differently she greets me. In the first video she is curious but wary and in the second video she is a completely different fish. I think this proves that betta's recognize their owners and build bonds with them. I believe this is a sign of greater intelligence.

Anyone else got any video like this?

This is from when I first got her, she was scared and had a bit of fin damage from the grow out tank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30EWzgOcCD8

Here she is now! Happy and sassy as ever! lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyXPlas2dCs
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #2 
Kytkattin

Wow, look how feisty she is now! Are you sure she isn't a mustard gas? Her fins look quite yellow. Irregardless, I love DT females!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #3 
Kytkattin

And I found video!!! This is Kamehameha before and after. Yes, it is the same fish. His personality never really changed, and I did pick him out solely for his personality. Wait, that is not entirely true, he grew up and became a man-fish. A lot more fishy testosterone!

Old 11-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #4 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
And I found video!!! This is Kamehameha before and after. Yes, it is the same fish. His personality never really changed, and I did pick him out solely for his personality. Wait, that is not entirely true, he grew up and became a man-fish. A lot more fishy testosterone!

LOL!! I love how he just came charging out of the plants like that! So cute!! He does seem happier in the second video too.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #5 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Wow, look how feisty she is now! Are you sure she isn't a mustard gas? Her fins look quite yellow. Irregardless, I love DT females!
Actually I have been wondering that myself! In the light you can see yellow at the base of her fins but in the regular light she looks all steel. Does it count as a MG when the yellow doesn't show in regular light?
Old 11-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #6 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post
Actually I have been wondering that myself! In the light you can see yellow at the base of her fins but in the regular light she looks all steel. Does it count as a MG when the yellow doesn't show in regular light?
Well Kamehameha looks green in the right lighting... lol. How long have you had her? I am 3-4 months and lots of vitamins in with Kamehameha. I know that the vitamins have helped speed his color change because my old man (Smaug) is changing color too and he is almost 2 years old! Smaug didn't start changing color until I started adding the vitamins. So maybe she just needs a little more time?
Old 11-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #7 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Well Kamehameha looks green in the right lighting... lol. How long have you had her? I am 3-4 months and lots of vitamins in with Kamehameha. I know that the vitamins have helped speed his color change because my old man (Smaug) is changing color too and he is almost 2 years old! Smaug didn't start changing color until I started adding the vitamins. So maybe she just needs a little more time?
I have had her for about a month and a half now. I actually made a thread about it here.
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=81886

Thanks for the info about the vitamins what brand are you using BTW? I would be interested in getting some.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #8 
SnowySurface

Great videos. She is definitely a different fish in the second video. I don't know if I have videos, but I do know that I have pictures. One day the photo uploading spree will happen. *evil grin*
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #9 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post
I have had her for about a month and a half now. I actually made a thread about it here.
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=81886

Thanks for the info about the vitamins what brand are you using BTW? I would be interested in getting some.
Wow, you got so many fish!!! How old is she? She could totally change if she is still young. :)

I use Vita-Chem. I bought them from Drs. Foster and Smith online. I put 1 drop per fish in the tank each day before I feed New Life Spectrum Pellets. So that is 2 drops in my split 5 gallon and 1 drop in my girl's 2 gallon. Or if they are getting frozen bloodworms I put one drop in the bloodworm dish along with some garlic juice.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:40 PM   #10 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Wow, you got so many fish!!! How old is she? She could totally change if she is still young. :)

I use Vita-Chem. I bought them from Drs. Foster and Smith online. I put 1 drop per fish in the tank each day before I feed New Life Spectrum Pellets. So that is 2 drops in my split 5 gallon and 1 drop in my girl's 2 gallon. Or if they are getting frozen bloodworms I put one drop in the bloodworm dish along with some garlic juice.
Thanks for that info, I will find some and try it with my fish.
I am not sure how old the female is. I am guessing abound 5 or 6 month old though. I got her pretty cheap when I went to pick up blue girl and Mr.Soprano.