Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #1 
ChubbyPuppy74

Sleeping Places for Betta's?

I'm a newly recent Betta owner, I have a beautiful delta tail Betta, who I have come to adore, He is a blue green with a bit of white to him. Anywho, He has two mystery snails as tank mates and they have been wonderful together. And during the night he tries to sleep in the plants but he doesn't seem quite comfortable in them, any idea's on good things for betta's to sleep in?
ChubbyPuppy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyPuppy74 View Post
I'm a newly recent Betta owner, I have a beautiful delta tail Betta, who I have come to adore, He is a blue green with a bit of white to him. Anywho, He has two mystery snails as tank mates and they have been wonderful together. And during the night he tries to sleep in the plants but he doesn't seem quite comfortable in them, any idea's on good things for betta's to sleep in?
My bettas love to sleep on tall plants up near the surface.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #3 
Bombalurina

If you are looking for a plant that is great for bettas to sleep on, try anubias. http://www.livefish.com.au/plants/te...nalis-urn.html Something like this is great - it also provides a cave, and the anubias can grow quite tall. The leaves are wonderful, like little flat hammocks, and all my fish seem to love it. One of my girls likes to wedge herself in between the stalks.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #4 
Silverfang

In my experience anubis (a live plant) will grow even without proper lighting, and can be let to float. They will nap on the leaves at times, and sometimes nest under them.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #5 
Myates

Have to agree, tall broad leaved plants. Also caves- one of my boys will use his cave at night, and the tall plants during naps throughout the day.

Going to ask something off topic- what size tank do you have? Your two snails will multiply worse then rabbits lol, not to mention all the bio load they produce which is great. Just curious :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #6 
HatsuneMiku

my bettas sleep crazy sometimes .. lol .. i've caught them sleeping vertical in their plants .. layed out on a rock .. half inside half outside their caves with their head propped up on the window hole .. cuddled next to their moss balls .. wedged between the filter and the tank wall .. in their betta logs .. on their leaf hammocks .. under leaves .. over leaves .. suspended in mid water not moving .. sleeping on the surface ... sleeping between gravel .. some times they will tease u and pretend to be dead .. but they are just sleeping .. lol =) i tried to get pictures of them sleeping in weird positions .. but they always wake up when i get my camera ready D=

it's real cute when they are sleeping and ur watching them .. then they sense ur watching them and wake up and yawn .. =D .. cutest thing ever !!
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #7 
TaraVictor

My betta sleeps in this tiki ornament I have in my tank. He also finds himself getting caught up in the fern I've put in there, using it to rest underneath. Sometimes he just spends his time resting at the bottom or at the surface. I guess it depends on how he's feeling.
TaraVictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #8 
CalvinWill

My friend had a betta that would sleep with his head wedged down into the center of a fake plant every night. His body would be completely vertical. It was so weird looking. This first time I saw him doing that I was sure he was dead. I tapped on the glass and he backed his head out of the plant and glared at me.
CalvinWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #9 
Dragonlady

Most any floating plant will be appreciated as a natural hammock for your betta. Water sprite and java fern are some of my bettas favorites. I often catch my girlies in a sorority sleeping all huddled up together in their favorite spot. It's quite adorable that my females seem to enjoy physical contact with one another. After all, their tank is huge and they could all sleep alone if they chose that.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #10 
Bombalurina

I wish I could catch my sorority girls sleeping. If I'm in the room, they are begging, regardless of whether the light is on or off, all grouped together like a bunch of overgrown tetras.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote