Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2011, 04:11 AM   #1 
purplemuffin

Ever decide to look up a singer you used to listen to?

In the car today the song "what's forever for" came on the radio. I knew I recognized the song, but I remember it being sung by someone else, but I just couldn't remember who. It took me a while to realize who I had heard singing this song, until I remembered a cute little kid from my childhood! I remember being a young little girl when this really young kid named Billy Gilman got popular. He had the most precious angel voice(but was still quite a powerhouse for being so young!)! I loved his CD I had as a kid. I think he was my first crush, LOL! I guess every generation of little girls get their own little 'cute boy' singer that gets popular.

Anyway, you know how music careers usually go for young boys that get famous before puberty. Their voice changes.. And their careers usually go downhill (or come to a complete stop!)

Anyway, to my surprise, it seems like he's still doing pretty well for himself. :) He might not be at the top anymore, but who really needs to be? He gets to sing while having a life and growing up. Plus, he's turned out to be quite the handsome man!!

My mind is just full of memories on such a funny little blast from the past. Haha, the only country singer I really like!

This song in particular I listened to a lot as a kid. So cute. :) His "One Voice" song is of course also great and what really helped him get his name out there! Of course these songs all sound excellent to me with the heaping doses of nostalgia.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH4pEiz9QpU

Anyone else ever have one of those huge blasts from the pasts? I want to go back through my old stuff and see what's going on in everyone's lives. So fun to see where people have ended up now!

Aha, life was so much simpler when I was ten. :)

Last edited by purplemuffin; 11-08-2011 at 04:20 AM.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:48 AM   #2 
purplemuffin

Haha and I forgot to post this! This is kinda fun. That last song came out I think in 2000 or so.

This one came out in 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ_LP...eature=related

This one was from 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5dqA...eature=related (song starts at about 30 seconds)

Fun to watch the transition to adulthood a bit haha! :) He grew up!!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #3 
BellasMomma

omg!!!! I LOVED billy gilmon!!! He did grow up to be a studMUFFIN you know the thing I love most about the internet is that I can put in a line from a song that I used to love but can only remember that one line and 98% of the time I can find it!!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #4 
purplemuffin

Hahahah! That is so true, I google songs that way ALL the time! :D
Old 11-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #5 
SaylorKennedy

I remember him. I had the biggest crush on him too! LOL.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #6 
Pitluvs

Being a country music fan, I remember him. He had the best voice! My childhood crush wasn't a singer, it was Neil Patrick Harris... I still find him to be gorgeous, but such a waste hehe

My other crush was Jensen Ackles, back when no one knew who he was.

And look at him today, staring role in my FAVORITE show, Supernatural! I was SO excited when I watched the show for the first time and seen it was him! I totally forgot about him all these years later...

I know these are not singers, but back then I only listened to Garth Brooks LOL
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #7 
nel3

ive done that a few times, mainly on those eurodance groups ie ice MC, 2 unlimited, corona, alexia etc to name a few. i sure miss listening to those songs without having to look them up on youtube of itunes. i stopped caring for dance music after 2005 but im still crazy about the previous 2 decades of it.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote