Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #11 
lexiloo52

I'll post some pictures when they're all healed up :) I have some really pretty girls. They are all pet store girls, but hopefully they'll chill out once I introduce them slowly. Would a place like Aquabid.com be a good place to get less aggressive females?
lexiloo52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #12 
emeraldsky

We always love seeing pictures on here 8D

All bettas have different personalities, so buying them on aquabid wouldn't guarantee getting girls that would work together. I have petstore girls myself (bought from 3 different stores) so you really just need to keep an eye out and see which ones are turning mean.

If youre looking for siblings, try seeing if you can find some breeders nearby you, you can check the classified or betta chat on here if get stuck looking. Siblings will usually have better luck since they have grown up together and are used to a sorority setting, however, you might get one thats just not suited for living with other fish.
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #13 
Myates

Look at the breeding forum here, possibly in the future you can get some females from some of the members that are breeding. But I wouldn't get too many more girls, if you have 9 left that should be fine.. you may of run into territory issues with 11, that there wasn't enough space for them all to have a spot they felt safe in. So I would take that into consideration before adding any new ones in.
Should also get a couple smaller tanks, as sometimes you will never be able to reintroduce aggressive females back into a sorority- why it's recommended to have enough spare tanks to house all the girls long term in case it doesn't work out.
I wish you luck and the best, and definitely want pics!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #14 
Bombalurina

Just be aware that although the higher temperatures are necessary for your girls' health, it may also promote the aggressive behaviour. Warmer water = faster metabolism = more activity. It might not be a problem, but do keep an eye out.
My girls have been more agitated since the temperature outside spiked. No violence that I've seen, but Hera seems to have had a small chunk taken from her fin, so I'm keeping an eye on them.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female community, females, sorority