Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #1 
Moclam

Ick? Or something else?

'Ello there. I'm new to the form, but I've always come here for information in the past.

My lovely betta Spirk, is in a gallon glass tank. And yes, I know it should be bigger, however I have horrible medical issues right now, and for the time being can only handle one gallon. But I plan to upgrade once I get better, whenever that may be. I feed him Top Fin betta bites, and he loves 'em to death. I have a heater that's set at 78 degrees, but no filter. I do 100% water changes everyweek, and 50% between each of those.

So, last night while dealing with some insomnia, I saw that Spirk had this fleck on the side of his head, however it looks like a scale that just desided to come off. There's nothing else on his body from what I can tell. And it's quite hard hence the fact he's mostly lilac. He's very active, like he's always been, and he eats just fine. However me, being overly worried, just wanted to make sure it wasn't ick or something.

Care to help a lad out?
Moclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum.....

Your 1gal unfiltered container is fine for a single Betta-provided that you maintain water quality and it sounds like you are doing a great job....that said...since he is otherwise acting his normal self and it is just a single spot-I would just monitor for now...often even with a few of the Ich spots-the immune response of a healthy Betta will take care of it.....

Love to see some pics and hear more about your Betta adventures....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #3 
Moclam

Alright, I'll be sure to keep an eye on him.

Thank you~
Moclam is offline   Reply With Quote