Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #11 
BettaBuddy101

Just had a look on Seriously Fish myself, indeed it does, though I must say I would never have thought 12.5 Liters. In your opinion, would 2 or so ottos work in a 7.4 gallon with my betta, taking into account seriously fish? Would 5/6 pygmy cories be a better option than the otos?
BettaBuddy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #12 
Myates

I would do 4 of the pygmy cories if you had to add in more fish- as there may be space for them, but the bio load would be high. Normally we don't recommend any other fish in anything less then 10 gallons, other then shrimp, a snail or an African Dwarf Frog (and that is depending upon size of tank). Otos can be tricky, and even the best end up having hard time keeping them healthy/alive/fed. But doesn't mean it can't be done, and some are able to successfully.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #13 
BettaBuddy101

I haven't actually bought the tank yet, but I'm hoping to drop in at one of my LFSs in the coming week or so to get it. I'm going to consider the pygmys, but obviously if I end up thinking that they really won't be happy, I'll stick to shrimp/snail
BettaBuddy101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
7 gallon, betta, cories, pygmy cories