Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #11 
Arashi Takamine

Thanks for the tips and advice guys. We seriously just don't have the room right now and my dad broke my betta's change cups so we need to get new ones of those...But they'll likely give them to us at the store if we ask. Epsom salt is gonna be added to his water during his first change after my mom get's home from work. And I'm glad it sounds like he caused this to himself well not glad I'm just glad it's not like a sudden attack of something unknown like Akira. It's treatable and I only added the AQ as a small quarter teaspoon for now it'll be gone during his change tonight.

Thanks again.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #12 
Myates

Just don't mix AQ salt and Epsom together.. owie for them.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #13 
Arashi Takamine

I won't. Epsom salt will come after his 100 percent change when my mom gets off of work. I know it'd probably like pouring salt on a wound for us since AQ salt seems to be a good med for them. I'm just glad this is treatable.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #14 
Myates

Naw, they don't tend to even flinch at it- just as long as you always pre-dissolve the salts before putting the fish in with it, without dissolving it, it will burn them if they get too close and touch it.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #15 
Arashi Takamine

I know I'm digging up an old thread but I started Kai's treatments and he's starting to feel better. He's building a small bubble nest and he's eating again. No progress on his eye loosing the swelling but he's been so stressed we haven't done his waterchange since yesterday and decided to see how he handles being in the epsom salt for awhile...He was just so stressed and clamped up we thought he was gonna croak.