Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #1 
redbettagirl

Jean-Luc Picard

After having him for only seven months, I lost my little fighter today. He was a red crowntail with a hint of blue, and subtle black marbling on his back and pale face.

I was a bad fishy-momma, and contributed to his demise. A few months ago, we had to temporarily move while doing renovations. We moved him tank and all. He made it to the new home okay. I think he bumped his nose on the way back. I should have bagged him! Jean-Luc ended up with a hematoma and infection. It turned into a lesion. Antibiotics and salt improved his health, and he was fine for another two months. Then, he stopped eating and became listless. After that, the flexibacter slowly began eating away at his fins and nose-wound. I think his immune system finally collapsed. He fought (with the help of new treatment) for another two weeks, and I lost him this morning.

Oh Jean-Luc! You were a fearsome ghost-shrimp decapitator! I'll miss the way you went nose-to-nose with the gravel vacuum whenever it invaded your tank, and flared at me when I would approach you without food. You will be sorely missed little fishy.
redbettagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #2 
BellasMomma

o Mr. Jean-Luc R.I.P. Love! Don't be too down on yerself, lots of us here have made wrong moves when it came to our fish but all we can do is learn from them and not be offended when someone tells us we did it all wrong...

P.S. How DARE you go to his tank wit no food!!!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Jean-Luc.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #4 
brownmane

Sorry to hear about your fish. Sounds like you tried to help him the best you could.

I just lost a betta the other day. I think that she jumped out of the tank when I added water and I didn't see or hear it. She was one of three girls that I've only had for a short time, and two days later when I went to feed them, there were only two. I found her dried on the floor behind the tank.
brownmane is offline   Reply With Quote