Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #21 
Bombalurina

Oh my goodness, I just asked a friend if I could buy their betta tank, gravel and ornaments.
This will be the 4th tank I will have lying around empty because I'm not allowed to set it up.
On the plus side, with a heater I imagine it will make a good spare tank if my sorority ever implodes.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #22 
Super Fish

I have 4 bettas at the moment, and 2 more are coming this friday... and then I will be breeding. Mwahahaha!

My betta addiction isn't all bad though. My other hobby is horses... MUCH more expensive and time consuming. The money I spend on my horse could buy A LOT of bettas...
Super Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #23 
Mikkisaur

Grrrrr. I had to have the "it's not just a fish" conversation with my mom again at the store. I'm lucky I got water conditioner. She insisted that his water was fine, that it just got changed six months ago. *headdesk* I have to feed the poor dears stale food T~T
Mikkisaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #24 
bettalover2033

Well, when i first started. I got just one, then i got two more to add to that one, then it just went out of hand. In the second week i had 20 bettas. 15 males and 5 females. I, sadly, was very ignorant and put REAL Pine in the tanks. The oil from the plants killed them the next morning. My siblings laughed and said buy new ones and so i gave up on bettas for a whole year and a half.

(That's when the betta addiction "died out" and then "started up")

I decided, that it wasnt worth mourning over my babies for so long, so i wanted to get some more and start breeding (learning about breeding first).

And now here i am. A breeder.

though for the past 4-5 months i haven't had ANY bettas because of a move! Ugh this move destroyed the whole thing that i had with breeding and my other 4 bettas that i had to give away. So now i have been in a corner hugging my knees and rocking in a corner.

Anyway, i have been suffering from withdrawal.

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #25 
bettafish15

The best cure for the betta bug is doing all the waterchanges XD
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #26 
Mikkisaur

Hah, that's true, considering they're relegated to 1 gal & .5 a gal bowls atm T^T Their divided tank is cycling and I'm having a hard time convincing the 'rents to help me get the basics. Materials to actually make the divider, heater, substrate, plants... geeh.
Mikkisaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:05 AM   #27 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkisaur View Post
Grrrrr. I had to have the "it's not just a fish" conversation with my mom again at the store. I'm lucky I got water conditioner. She insisted that his water was fine, that it just got changed six months ago. *headdesk* I have to feed the poor dears stale food T~T

Oh dear, that's awful! I feel your pain.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
addiction, betta, fast