Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #11001 
fishman12

We've passed 11,000 posts! All rants I'm sure. No going off topic here. :P
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #11002 
ManInBlack2010

got kicked out of a craft fair at my old elementary school where my mom still works and my dad had a booth set up because my dog (the one in my avi) that was laying calmly and politely at my feet behind a table was "bothering people." evidently dogs are only allowed in for short visits for show and tell.... yet there's a teacher that brings her dog to work with her on weekends and during summer vacation and it runs around the building and a police dog came in and did a demonstration inside the building... the principal had to look good in front of the parents i guess...
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #11003 
BeautifulBetta

Wow thats dumb :S

So I went on DeviantArt today and saw this person had added me. Being the person I am, I HAD to go see their profile and see who it was. Well, I looked at their journal and apparently they had some betta babies hatch for them. BUT. If you read one of the comments, she said she bred them in this grossly small unheated thing!! Aopparently her reasoning for breeding them in there is because her mom wouldn't let her get a filter...WTF is she supposed to do when the babies get moved to a bigger tank, provided they even live that long without heat! OMFG. I'm gunna freak out on this chick if she doesn't smarten up! If you dont believe me, feel free to read the journal and the following comments...I'm gunna cry. T__T

Heres the 'tank' she used..

and here's the journal link if you want to give your own feedback as well.
http://icefeatherstream.deviantart.c...43468#comments
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #11004 
Salamandair

Yes, Father, I KNOW you've had 'fish tanks' before I were born and that you don't like it when gravel accidentally goes into the garbage disposal. I understand that completely. What I DON'T appreciate is you whining about every single thing I do with the fish, including commenting about cleaning the tank once a week. Getting a filter, while nice, is not a good expense for me at the moment. Trying to save up for an apartment so I can get out of your place and all. No big deal. (I do HAVE one, but no media filter yet. Can't find one that fits.)
I'm sorry I care about the fish so much I want it to be happy? :> Maybe I'll just let it sit in the tank and clean it when it gets dirty and let him be unhappy, eh? >.> /scarcasm
Salamandair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:23 AM   #11005 
purplemuffin

Whew. Turns out what's been going around(and still is! Wash your hands, people!) Is a nasty gastrointestinal virus. It's been a rough week. But I'm back, and finally don't feel seasick!

However my rant is despite 'not being sick anymore' I'm still suffering from being severely lethargic after the whole ordeal. Apparently this can go on for quite some time afterwards, but hopefully I'm lucky and it ends soon, I got stuff I need to do!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:33 AM   #11006 
Sakura8

Aww, purple. :( You probably got dehydrated and all after being so sick. Drink lots of fluids still. Hope you feel 100% really soon!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:36 AM   #11007 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Wow thats dumb :S

So I went on DeviantArt today and saw this person had added me. Being the person I am, I HAD to go see their profile and see who it was. Well, I looked at their journal and apparently they had some betta babies hatch for them. BUT. If you read one of the comments, she said she bred them in this grossly small unheated thing!! Aopparently her reasoning for breeding them in there is because her mom wouldn't let her get a filter...WTF is she supposed to do when the babies get moved to a bigger tank, provided they even live that long without heat! OMFG. I'm gunna freak out on this chick if she doesn't smarten up! If you dont believe me, feel free to read the journal and the following comments...I'm gunna cry. T__T
I truly can't believe bettas would even feel like spawning in that thing. :( And uh, crazy girl with tiny tank, they don't need a filter to spawn. o.O If any of those babies survive, I'll be amazed because I bet she doesn't have infusoria or baby brine shrimp to feed them.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #11008 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
Whew. Turns out what's been going around(and still is! Wash your hands, people!) Is a nasty gastrointestinal virus. It's been a rough week. But I'm back, and finally don't feel seasick!

However my rant is despite 'not being sick anymore' I'm still suffering from being severely lethargic after the whole ordeal. Apparently this can go on for quite some time afterwards, but hopefully I'm lucky and it ends soon, I got stuff I need to do!

I agree with Sakura. And even if you feel good enough to do something, just do a little bit at a time so you don't overdo it and make sure you get plenty of rest.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #11009 
Rosso1011

I wish my calculator would stop cutting off after a few minutes without use. It has a solar panel on the front and I'm in a lit room.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #11010 
BeautifulBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I truly can't believe bettas would even feel like spawning in that thing. :( And uh, crazy girl with tiny tank, they don't need a filter to spawn. o.O If any of those babies survive, I'll be amazed because I bet she doesn't have infusoria or baby brine shrimp to feed them.
Ugh this person is bugging me soooo bad, she's been commenting on MY photos, but is failing to answer anything I've asked about hers. I knew about needing no filter to spawn, but you should have a heat source..and I thought about first foods too...Betcha she ground up some betta pellets or flakes and thinks thats ok.:evil :
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou