Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #4901 
BettaBuddy101

My Bettas 7.4 gallon
Know the pygmy cories (there are 4 in there) were a bit of a risk in only 7.4 gallons, but after recieving mixed advice online, my lfs said a small group like this would be ok. Think they'd do better with another 1 or 2 even though the tank isn't too big?
They also shared their home with 4 cherry shrimp, but 1 has been killed and 2 others I haven't seen for a few days now....
BettaBuddy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #4902 
Myates

Very pretty Bettabuddy!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #4903 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
This is the 2.5g mini bow I setup for the gf. the filter has been removed, poor little guy almost drowned cuz of it once already. I need to change the heater to a proper jager. This little tetra thing is just plain doo doo. Also had to make a diffuser panel for the lighting. I apparently went a wee bit overboard with the LED's. >_<

Lovely tank, like the dark rocks- have some large black rocks in one of my tanks. But would recommend a little more plants and a cave of sorts for them- as they tend to love medium planted tanks, and all the males I've ever seen/known absolutely love a cave to hide in. But just a suggestion :) It's nice to see a boyfriend do something sweet for his girl :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upngo View Post
I would never recommend less than 5 gallon. A human would probably survive in a small cage on 1x1 meters but it would probably not be happy
All of my bettas are in 1-3 gallons. They have plenty of room to swim, places to hide, proper water changes, right temp and haven't had any problems with them other then one that I had bought with issues.. a 1 gallon is a perfect home for them with proper care. People recommend the 2.5+ for ease of heating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowdy View Post
How does one go about doing a 50 percent water change...Do i just take him out and then scoop half of the water out with a cup? Then add the new water and let the temp level out to the 78-80 range? I'm doing a bout a half a cap full now when i 100 percent change, should i do a quarter of that on a 50 percent...Good idea on the rocks btw.
I would suggest removing him, scoop out half the water with a cup, put in like-temp water (can use a thermometer to test it, so it won't take as long to even out), dose for the full amount of water conditioner for the tank size since you are adding it directly into the tank. If you can have a full pitcher with half the tank amount of water in at once, you can dose the pitcher with only half- but to me it's just easier and just as safe to dose the tank with the full amount of conditioner once I add in the water.
Then float him in his cup for roughly 20 mins, about halfway through you can take out half the water from the cup and add in tank water so he adjusts to both temp and new chemistry.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #4904 
Draug Isilme

Just added some micro sword and a new marimo today ^.^ Hope you guys like my planted tank! It's my first one and thus far, I'm pretty proud of it...

Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #4905 
Rosso1011

Draug, I love it! That is a beautiful tank as well as a beautiful betta. I am envious.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #4906 
Draug Isilme

Thank you very much! ^.^ I put in a lot of time and effort in it >.< Hopefully these plants grow out well *fingers crossed* Here's to hoping!
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #4907 
Jodah

Haha, yeah, I didn't want to pick out all the decor for her. Figured I get a fake plant to hide the filter/heater, and was hoping to be able to get a cave and more plants soon for it. She's been a bit lax on doing so on account of not having a car yet. I'm setting up my 5.5 right now. Gonna be a similar setup, black gravel, fake plants. going with dimmable LED's on mine. May redo hers to do the same.
Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #4908 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draug Isilme View Post
Just added some micro sword and a new marimo today ^.^ Hope you guys like my planted tank! It's my first one and thus far, I'm pretty proud of it...

Stunning tank! It looks like a place you find walking through a forest or something. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #4909 
ManInBlack2010

here's pictures of my tanks! the first one i just finished setting up today (so excuse the bubbles *facepalm*) i saw a white HM at petsmart that i fell in love with, i'm picking him up tomorrow, not sure if i'm going to put him in the tank uncycled or have him stay in my betta bowl till it's cycled - either way i'm not letting him go! the tank is a 5.5g with black sand - picking up the whisper 3i filter tomorrow, i don't like the one that it came with

the second is my 3.5g with white gravel. it's home to Rebel my red vt male, dixie my female adf and flash my black mystery snail (you can see rebel at the top there and flash is in the betta log... not sure how he's gonna get out, lol - i figure he got himself in there he can get himself out)

the last is my pride and joy, a 10g with my Adalida my blue vt female, maria the blue mystery snail and 4 cory catfish - the drift wood and vase with naked people on it are new additions and i love the way it makes the tank look :)

ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #4910 
Rosso1011

ManInBlack, those are some pretty aquariums. I like the way you've raked the gravel in the first and 3rd tanks. You have some pretty vt's, too. I definitely would like to see the new white hm.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank