Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #11031 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I was never made to do anything when I was young. I cooked and cleaned when I was in college but when I moved back in with my mom she never asked me to do anything. It was just easier for her to do it herself, I guess. Then, when she is unable to do heavy stuff after her surgery, I get criticized how I wasn't used to doing housework. THEN, my mom tells my brother that it was overwhelming to me he says it's all part of being an adult. Those comments made me mad.
Those comments would make me mad too! Why is it our family members are always the ones who hurt us the most with their words? I also hate when I do something and they double-check it or redo it like what I did wasn't good enough. Well, if it wasn't good enough, it's because you don't let me do enough to gain experience. I'm ashamed to admit at my age that I still don't know how to cook or even properly do the laundry. But my mom says it's just easier if she washes my stuff with everyone else's. *shrugs* Sigh.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #11032 
dramaqueen
Banned

It sounds like we have a lot in common. My mom is a perfectionist. Right now we have leaves piled up by the garage. She's been griping about it for days. She can't clean them up and I don't want to simply because we did not move into a condo to be doing stuff like that. I guess I'll do it in between my mopping and vaccuuming.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #11033 
SaylorKennedy

So here I was, just folding clothes trying not to lay down and fall asleep on them when all of a sudden some girl walks into my dorm room. She then proceeded to ask me what I was doing here...then she realized she was in the wrong room and left. Seriously, was my name on the door confusing to you?
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #11034 
Sakura8

Yeah, my mom is a perfectionist too. Sigh. You and me, we're like soul sisters.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #11035 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, we are. lol I've never really met anyone with the same problems as me.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:08 AM   #11036 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaylorKennedy View Post
So here I was, just folding clothes trying not to lay down and fall asleep on them when all of a sudden some girl walks into my dorm room. She then proceeded to ask me what I was doing here...then she realized she was in the wrong room and left. Seriously, was my name on the door confusing to you?
Do you think she was drunk?
Old 11-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #11037 
SaylorKennedy

Oh, yeah. She definitely was. There is a room down the hall which a large group (probably about 9 or 10 boys and girls) all get drunk on Fridays and Saturdays. Not very good for me because I usually work early mornings on Saturday and Sundays. Like I have to be at work at 7:30, well today now. They pretty much just wander the hallway yelling all the time and puking in the bathroom.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:23 AM   #11038 
SaylorKennedy

It makes me think about how different my priorities are from most other college kids. Like I can honestly say that sometimes I don't feel like a normal college kid. I work around 35 hours a week (even though I don't have to, my school is all paid for) and I'm a full-time student living on campus. I basically have no social life and what time I do have I've been giving it to the guy I've begun seeing. I am proud to say that I've tripled my savings account so far this school year, though, while still being able to indulge in luxuries (aka shoe addiction). :)
Old 11-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #11039 
fishman12

RANT: I have waaaaay too much HW this weekend.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #11040 
Rosso1011

Fishman, me too.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote