Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #1 
Marvelous

Question Upload photos from phone

Hey all! I have an iPhone 3GS. Is it possible to upload photos directly from my phone to the forum? Currently it takes me about 30 minutes to upload via my very elderly computer. Help from any techies would be awesome!!
Marvelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't know if I can help or not since I don't have an I phone but my phone (Samsung) has a little memory card thing that I plug into a port in my computer and I can transfer pics onto my computer that way. Is there any info in your owners' manual about it?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #3 
Pitluvs

I have a HTC Sensation 4G S, very similar to an iPhone 4. What you can try is...

When replying to a post, use the Go Advanced option. The forum should look like it does on a computer. There is a little paper clip above where you want to post. This should bring up another window with an option to select a photo from your phone. Use Gallery (or whatever it's called on your end) select a photo and upload. Then you click on the close window option and post. Give it a try, you may not see the photo until the post goes through, you could try it in this topic as a tester. This is what I did on my phone when I didn't have the internet. Make sure to use a photo resizing app though, as photos from cell phones can get pretty big!

***Edit to add, this worked before for me but now that I am trying to do it, it won't let me click the Choose file button :(

You could always use a photobucket account and email the pictures to it from your phone to photobucket, then copy the URL from photobucket to the site when you make a post :)

Last edited by Pitluvs; 11-17-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #4 
Oiseau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
***Edit to add, this worked before for me but now that I am trying to do it, it won't let me click the Choose file button :(

You could always use a photobucket account and email the pictures to it from your phone to photobucket, then copy the URL from photobucket to the site when you make a post :)
I've tried to upload photos from my iPhone 4 in the advanced options and it doesn't work, but Photobucket has and that's what I use. :)
Oiseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #5 
Marvelous

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMG_3582.jpg

Trying this photobucket business. We'll see if I can do this. I'm so low tech ;)
Old 11-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #6 
Marvelous

[IMG][/IMG]

I think I got it!! Thanks for the help!!!! This is by far the best forum I've been on!
Old 11-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #7 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous View Post
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMG_3582.jpg

Trying this photobucket business. We'll see if I can do this. I'm so low tech ;)
If you click the icon that

Last edited by Pitluvs; 11-19-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote