Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

With siblings that grew up together it might be possible but yeah, it's not something a beginner to try.OFL has years of experience behind her.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:44 PM   #12 
Sena Hansler

I won't try... Unless... I lived in a constantly warm place (like California), and had land to spare to make moat like areas and have males live peacefully within their large stretch of water :p But that's a long shot hehe
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:35 AM   #13 
HatsuneMiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I won't try... Unless... I lived in a constantly warm place (like California), and had land to spare to make moat like areas and have males live peacefully within their large stretch of water :p But that's a long shot hehe
OMG a moat !!!! .. your giving me great ideas for the backyard =D .. now just gotta convince the other half hehe =)

i'm in cali .. it's rainy and cloudy this week .. its cold for me .. it's like 46 outside *shivers*
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #14 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatsuneMiku View Post
OMG a moat !!!! .. your giving me great ideas for the backyard =D .. now just gotta convince the other half hehe =)

i'm in cali .. it's rainy and cloudy this week .. its cold for me .. it's like 46 outside *shivers*

People always making assumptions about Cali...
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

Lol well by that I mean like... I live in Canada. ANYTHING is better than here xD At least you do not get snow!! I can stand clouds and rain... snow... BLECH!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

Some parts of California get snow.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:07 AM   #17 
Sena Hansler

Well the part I'm talking about, doesnt lol.

In other words I'd rather be in a place that never ever gets snow and is actually warm for a change, more than 2 months of the year
Old 11-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #18 
Myates

I wouldn't attempt it, as even though the tank may hold many gallons, the surface is still limited and the risk of them often seeing each other is too great to risk, imo.
But I do believe that after multiple generations you can possibly get some siblings to live semi-peacefully together, it's still a risk in ways.
I honestly think that if every breeder worked at it, that in time, and many-many generations later, we could possibly remove some of the aggression out of them enough to be able to put a few in together in the same tank. There are some cichlids out there that can be feisty with each other, but as long as they have their own territory, can possibly live together without too much trouble. I think that it may be able to have that instinct withered down enough to allow small groups living together of both sexes. By keeping them/selling them separate and some encouraging that aggression, it is hindering that process.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #19 
Sena Hansler

I'm stilling aiming for a moat. but probably would end up with females instead haha
Old 11-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #20 
BettaMiah

Yep. How do you think they share rice paddies? 2 males have been succesfully kept in 90 gallons before. Its my dream to have this huge heated indoor pond and a 'sorority' of males.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote