Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Shiloh must think his fins are following him! What a biter...

So yes, I have obtained a biter. He had been in a cichlid baby tank or something - the left of his face is damaged to a point that side of his beard cannot flare. (Scarface :p) and now that his fins have been growing back, almost to 70% which is like 50% more than he came to me with!

But now his tail fin is chopped short along the top half by his little moutb! He's swapping containers (he is in a 1 gallon and doesn't mind it) with another fishy, to see if more room helps. What home items can I use to have him explore? Like, ceramic cups... Anything else? I even have lego :p lol. I'll stay away from metals, most woods and plastics (they absorb chemicals and can release, and metal is bad)... Figurines? Anything? Something to get him to do?

I am moving which is why I'd rather use what I have, since in a week or so we move. Then he'll get real fish shtuff :p
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #2 
Luimeril

sometimes you can't get them to stop. i wouldn't worry about it. give him lots of plants, rearrange his decor at every water change, and keep his water clean. that's about all you can do. :V
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

He has one plant D: I just want to at least give him some things. Everyone else has the stuff except for Voldemort him and Reggie and neither of those two care

Do you think he bites because he lacked fins? He was without fins for quite a while before I got him
Old 11-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #4 
Luimeril

nah... i don't think that's the reason. no one knows why they bite, exactly.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:02 AM   #5 
Tikibirds

I have two tail biters and nothing i do helps. I tried everything I could think of. Sometimes they bite just because they can or they are bored, angry or dont like long fins.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #6 
Sena Hansler

Well I'm leaning towards 1. Bored which is why i still at least want to add something for hi

And 2. Hasn't had long fins in quite a while.

But... Is there any home objects anyways that are safe for fish?? I heard lego is (if it doesnt have anything painted or drawn on it)