Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #11051 
Sakura8

What I hate are the people who can't bother to get off their cell phones long enough to check out. The cashier is being nice and it seems to me that it would be common courtesy to devote your attention to the person for a few minutes instead of yakking on the phone. Plus, those on their phone slow everything up because they fumble around for their credit cards and this and that while trying to balance the phone. But oh, I reaaaallly hate the people who can't get off their cell phones when they're ordering food at a fast food restaurant and then they get mad when the cashier can't tell if they're talking to them, the cashier, or the person on the phone.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #11052 
dramaqueen
Banned

A friend of mine did that one time at Walmart. She had just left her other friend's house then decides to walk all over Walmart and talk on the phone. She was still talking when we checked out.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #11053 
Salamandair

Saylor, I know how you feel. I work in retail as a cashier and everything you named is what I deal with every time I work.
The people on their phones bother me the most. I don't usually mind if they even ACKNOWLEDGE my existance while on the phone, like a wave or a smile or a whispered "hi." But some ignore me and check out, all while I'm smiling and pretending to throw the phone out the door. Some people these days >.<
Salamandair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #11054 
BeautifulBetta

OMG. Parents can be so irritating sometimes! My dad is being a giant jerk because i didn't put ONE FREAKING BOX away after I made my cake. My day has sucked, i just wanna sit down and relax. He just goes off for no reason sometimes and I jsut wanna punch him in the mouth! Then my MOM goes and defends him! WTH?! I don't have as much energy now, and I sure as heck don't wanna waste it constantly getting in and out of my relax chair to go do meaningless little things i was gunna do later. URG! #$I(%Y($%*^($%*&$%^(#)%*^$%)^& *rips hair out*

Last edited by dramaqueen; 11-22-2011 at 12:36 AM.
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:39 AM   #11055 
dramaqueen
Banned

My mom does that. She got upset because the box of coffee that came with my Keurig was sitting on the counter. She tells me to put it away and when I went in the kitchen it wasn't there. She had already put it in the pantry because she couldn't wait one more minute.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #11056 
BeautifulBetta

Lol I don't understand them sometimes, like really? is that box gunna bite you if you don't put it "back in its cage"??!?! We're not expecting guests either or anything, so why do we have to have the friggin house spotless all the time? D: Gahhhh
Old 11-22-2011, 01:06 AM   #11057 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
My mom does that. She got upset because the box of coffee that came with my Keurig was sitting on the counter. She tells me to put it away and when I went in the kitchen it wasn't there. She had already put it in the pantry because she couldn't wait one more minute.
My mother does that to me all the time. She tells me to put something away, I say in a minute. I go to put it away some time later and she's already done it. GRRRRRRR. She also hates when anyone reorganizes something in the house but she loves to go in and "clean" my bathroom. Last time she did, I couldn't find half of my things.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:10 AM   #11058 
BeautifulBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
She also hates when anyone reorganizes something in the house but she loves to go in and "clean" my bathroom. Last time she did, I couldn't find half of my things.
Holy crap yes!! I always leave my stuff where I KNOW i'll find it and won't lose it, but when she puts stuff away, I can never find what I need. When I ask her about it, she gets mad at me for losing it! Usually its my camera charger OMG.

Last edited by Romad; 11-22-2011 at 05:04 AM. Reason: implied profanity
Old 11-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #11059 
dramaqueen
Banned

My mom does that. I'll go looking for something and come to find out she moved it. Grrr. My sister in law does it, too. I had some candy once, sitting on a table right by the steps, intending on taking it upstairs to put in my suitcase and when I went to get it it was gone! I asked my brother where it went and he asked his wife. She said that I knew where it was but I didn't. Finally, she said she put it in their STOREROOM! It was mine, it didn't need to go down there!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #11060 
mjoy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoy79 View Post
Ok. I need to vent about something.
So I recently re-homed 2 of my bettas to my mom and my sister. I had offered one to my other sister but she wasn't interested. Which was fine - and now I'm actually glad she didn't want one.
I was at her house this weekend and went and looked at her black and white guy (betta). He's in a 2.5 gallon tank with no heater that sits in the kitchen by the window. He has 1 plant and 1 "bridge" decoration. Of course, he was just sitting listless at the top of his tank. I put a finger in and his water was cold :(. When he moved, he seemed a little "off" - not sure how to describe it. He just didn't seem comfortable.
My sister said "how does he look" and I said "I'm not sure. His water is cold". I happened to have an extra heater at my parents house, so I offered her the heater. She got a bit mad saying that her other betta (that died a couple months ago) had lived for 3 years without a heater and she didn't want the extra "maintenance". I said the heater is actually no maintenance but she wasn't having it. I dropped it fast though because my sister and her husband were actually robbed this weekend so I knew they have a lot on their plate.
But something about the way she talked to me made me think she thinks I'm a freak for actually caring about my fish. I talked to my other sister later and she agrees with me that the way they care for their animals isn't right - they also have 2 large dogs that they lock into crates at night or when they're not home. I personally think it would have helped to have their dogs out of their crates and it would have deterred the robbers!
She had a chance to see my mom's new set up at my parents house yesterday and was looking at my mom's bettas (who were swimming around happily). So I hope that got into her head that there is a difference between her guy who is just "living" and the way I have mine who actually get to enjoy their lives. I heard her mention to her husband something about the set up - something about "caring about the fish". I wonder what her husband asked her. Maybe "why are they swimming around so much?" or "why are their so many plants in the tank?". ok I think i've gotten it out of my system. I hope.

This is a follow up to my prior rant. Now my sister and her husband have gotten a THIRD dog. Grrrs
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote