Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #11061 
BeautifulBetta

OMG...Whats with that?? Aren't dogs supposed to be family? You wouldnt lock your child in a crate..A sibling maybe (lol) but not any other family member.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 11-22-2011 at 06:47 PM.
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #11062 
GunsABlazin

With the crates, most people preferred to crate train rather then risk the animals chewing on something.
Its true, if they have that many large dogs, they need to have a place out side to keep them...but i have a rat terrier puppy that is working on being crate trained.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #11063 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's what I'd do if I had a dog.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:42 AM   #11064 
Jodah

I like how everyone thinks I'm ridiculous (my gf at some point too) about how much effort I put into the proper setup and care for a betta tank. I told my gf she needed a better heater. She says how much? I tell her a good adjustable one is about 25-30 bucks. She looked at me like I grew a third eye. Then she wonders why I threatened to take the betta back to my house.

Heck, I was having a pleasant conversation about bettas to my mom, who has one at her work. She keeps it in a 2.5g ish long tank, with a cheapy homedepot plant. I ask her if its heated, she says no. I ask her how often she does a partial water change, she says once a week. I ask her if she uses water conditioner, or any kind of water treatment, she says no. then she wonders why I have this disgusted look on my face.

It just pisses me off that people don't read into the proper care and maintenance of a betta. They think well, small bowl at the pet store, unheated, hardly ever change the water, great!

<facepalms> makes me want to punch a baby in the face sometimes.
Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #11065 
GunsABlazin

yea.
I mean, i have 2 labs hat have learned how to behave respectfully indoors, and never have been in a crate. But when we are gone for long periods of time, we are able to let them out side because we have some land.
If we didnt have the land, they would get put in the kennel when we leave.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #11066 
mjoy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
I like how everyone thinks I'm ridiculous (my gf at some point too) about how much effort I put into the proper setup and care for a betta tank. I told my gf she needed a better heater. She says how much? I tell her a good adjustable one is about 25-30 bucks. She looked at me like I grew a third eye. Then she wonders why I threatened to take the betta back to my house.

Heck, I was having a pleasant conversation about bettas to my mom, who has one at her work. She keeps it in a 2.5g ish long tank, with a cheapy homedepot plant. I ask her if its heated, she says no. I ask her how often she does a partial water change, she says once a week. I ask her if she uses water conditioner, or any kind of water treatment, she says no. then she wonders why I have this disgusted look on my face.

It just pisses me off that people don't read into the proper care and maintenance of a betta. They think well, small bowl at the pet store, unheated, hardly ever change the water, great!

<facepalms> makes me want to punch a baby in the face sometimes.
your mom doesn't use any water treatments? so the betta is in regular tap water?
I dont know about punching a baby but that is pretty frustrating.
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #11067 
fishman12

Urg! Stupid ad makes it hard to type in the "Quick Reply" box. Keeps popping up when I try to type.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:10 PM   #11068 
dramaqueen
Banned

Not real happy with my family right now. Bunch of morons!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #11069 
erinandares

So the thirtieth through the sixth, I have to go to my mom's place to watch my sisters while she's out sowing her wild oats on a crazy girls' week out. >.> I don't think she plans to pay me for those seven wasted days of my life.

What's wrong, DQ?
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #11070 
Sakura8

How, in this day and age of lighting fast communication, this age of cell phones and computers, does my brother manage to NOT REPLY TO MY E-MAILS????? Dear brother, I know you use the phone because I've seen you with your iPhone glued to your face. I know you use e-mail because that's all you do when you come home to visit. So why, dear brother, is it so hard to answer my e-mail????? *goes Miss Piggy on him* Haiyaaa!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote