Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #1 
erinandares

Name Mixer-Uppers?

The other day, I was talking to Hermes, and he was all flaring up and showing off and super cute. His personality has really blossomed since coming here! But anyway, I was telling him what a handsome boy he is, and I accidentally called him Ares. D:

Ares is dead. He was my first betta, he had a fight with the bathtub and the bathtub won, as valiant as he was till the end.

Anyway, have any of you ever done something like that? Hermes didn't seem to care other than a pause like "That's not my name..." I felt kinda bad, though. :c
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #2 
Salamandair

I do it to Casper all the time. I accidentally call him 'Wheatley', which was my first fish who died a month or two ago. I'm still not over the fact he's gone, so I call him Wheatley whenever I'm not thinking.
Sometime, he'll pause and stare, other times he won't even notice. It's kind of cute, as sad as it is.
Salamandair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #3 
GrellxUndertaker

I mess up all of the names for my fish. I have Yoshimori Itachi and Neji, they all end in I and for some reason i have to go through all the names before i come to the right one. Also all of their names spell Yin. ^^
GrellxUndertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:52 PM   #4 
erinandares

Yeah. Hermes definietly noticed. I thought it was cute that he had learned his name and he knew when I was calling him something wrong. But it was sad because Ares has only been gone since the end of October. ): I guess I do miss him more than I thought.

Normally, I don't mess their names up. I think it was because Hermes is my second fish and I only had those two for a while, there. And both their names end in -es. Gah, what was I thinking giving two fish such similar names?? Lol
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #5 
ManInBlack2010

i've called all my fish "cashy" atleast once. Cash was my first betta and was very special to me - he helped me through a tough time in my life and i miss him more than i thought i would - but yeah, i'd always come home from work and flip on the light and Cash would swim up and wag his fins and i'd say "hey cashy washy," lol, i've done that a few times since he passed about a month ago
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote