Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #31 
gouramiowner1

I have 2 paradise (male and female) they seems to be breeding right now but as I keep in the same aquarium fry of gouramis , the babies hardly can come out of the eggs because these little devils catch them and eat immediately. I have 4 toddlers of blue spot gourami father and golden gourami mother who recently devoured my snail and tried to snap another one. I urgently need to rid of of those litte devils. They are unpredictable.
Another problem that adult gouramis who livein 20 galon aquarium just erradicated all the plants which grew in aquarium. What to do? As about your problem I have a similar one. I have 13 adult fish living in two separate aquariums.Still I have to rid off the little blue devils who are about a month old.
gouramiowner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #32 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I can see both sides of this. Curlyfatbottom doesn't want to sell or give people bad fish. They are his fish to do whatever he wants with them. If they are badly deformed and wouldn't have a good quality life then I really don't see a problem with what he wants to do. A lot of breeders will feed culls to other fish. On the other hand, Bettalover2033 wants to give some of them a home. I think it's a nice thing to do but it's only fair for Bettalover to pay all shipping costs. Curlyfatbottom shouldn't have to foot the bill, especially since he didn't intend on rehoming deformed fish in the first place.
Well I was going to pay for the cost anyway. I wasnt going to let him pay for the fish to be shipped out meanwhile he can save his money and do better with it.

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:50 AM   #33 
Curlyfatbottom

As a breeder you have to make so hard choice.
Sometime you have to do what's best. Yes thing we do might be right through some people eye and not through other. It's are responsibility to take care of are mess.
Posted via Mobile Device
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:06 AM   #34 
bettalover2033

Exactly. Its like one shipper said that if there was a DOA, then you must cut of the fish's head and take a picture of the dead fish. I couldn't believe my eyes when i read that and he said if you cannot do that then dont bid on my fish.

-BL2033
Old 11-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #35 
JAB91

BL2033: That person is just cruel and evil. That is some sydistic stuff right there.

And Curlyfatbottom i know. mine are starting to show blue iridescense. one is huge and some of the others are pretty small still. How do you keep your tubifex worms alive? because i bought an ounce worth of worms and put them in a glass jar and next day they were all mostly dead. :[
JAB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #36 
Curlyfatbottom

Keep the bag that they give you.
Throw them in the refrigerator.
Clean them every time you feed your fish.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #37 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB91 View Post
BL2033: That person is just cruel and evil. That is some sydistic stuff right there.
Well other people would be able to do it, but I wouldn't so i just didnt even think of bidding on that one!

-BL2033
Old 11-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #38 
Curlyfatbottom

if you can't cull/kill.
you shouldn't breed
Old 11-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #39 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlyfatbottom View Post
if you can't cull/kill.
you shouldn't breed
I agree, but chop off a dead fish's head? I wouldnt be able to do that.

I think the most humane way would be to freeze them. Only because I have NEVER had to cull because i have never had one.

-BL2033
Old 11-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #40 
BeautifulBetta

Yeah cutting off the head seems a little...wrong...Like, I'd feel bad enough it died, now they want you to maime it more? I can cull, I've had to do it, but I don't think I could do that to a dead fish. :/
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote