Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #11 
inkrealm

I'm so glad to hear he's doing well behavior and personality wise :D
if his fin and swimming are still funny, you were probably right about the injury. it may heal back up totally normal over time, or it may heal up deformed. but I suspect he will adjust to it and improve as time goes on... ^-^ since all his other behaviors are normal, I'd say it's unlikely it's life-threatening.. he'll figure out how to balance himself and compensate for whatever the injury may leave him lacking in. at least since he doesn't have a filter he won't have to battle that. ^-^
bettas sometimes injure their gill covers and can't open them for a couple days... but after awhile it gets better and they're able to open it again. so maybe the tail will turn out like that... at least he's swimming, that's a good sign.

Yeah, I've had similar experience I'm afraid... the sad thing is /basic/ bettafish care isn't that hard to learn fact-wise... so it wouldn't even be that hard to teach them and for them to remember. especially something as simple as water conditioner... I guess even a few minutes is more than they have to spare though. >_> and true to the bowl&vase thing, ha :/ some of them are gorgeous, sure, but those are plant bowls, not fish bowls..
inkrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #12 
ManInBlack2010

glad he's doing a bit better! as for his tank, is it heated? What do you think your coworkers would do if you just bought a larger tank for him? it doesn't have to be huge, but a heated 2g would be much more comfortable for him. :)

and by the way, it sounds like you're doing a great job, please don't beat yourself up about this! Bettas are hardy fish and they definitely like to give you problems when you least expect them
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #13 
KingTriton

Well, this evening he starte darting around th tank like crazy, then rested. I'm worried because I had a betta that did this right before he died.
KingTriton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:24 AM   #14 
inkrealm

I'd just change the water... usually darting is either just for the sake of it, or else a water issue... ( unless he's running into things over and over in which case he may be trying to get rid of... itch was it? but usually you can see the parasite. )

was your other fish that didn't make it one of the ones before you knew of conditioner?
inkrealm is offline   Reply With Quote