Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #11101 
erinandares

Jodah; that sounds exactly like my dad. Grrrrrrr. That jerk. The ice cream is snickers. I'mma go eat it right now. >.> Wait... maybe not because I feel like I'm gonna puke. Off to drink ginger ale... >:/

And DQ, that's funneh. Lolol, I should have known not to eat it, though, when it smelled like old trash. D:
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:21 AM   #11102 
SaylorKennedy

Black Friday. I've shopped on it before and now I've worked it. No me gusta, lol. I put in for a closing shift (after the 5 hour sale, thank goodness) so I worked from 3-10 and man are there a lot of grouchy people. We had a lot of people up front and since we can't go home early anymore with the holidays they sent us out to other departments to help clean up and whatnot. I went to plumbing and was just facing stuff, putting stuff back in correct spots when some kid went up to the bottles of lotion that I just spent 5 minutes straightening when he knocked two shelves of it down on purpose. His mother goes over to him and by this time I'm over there too just looking at her and she goes "He likes dominoes, HAHA!" then walks away. Took every ounce of my not to say a word. I spent the next 20 minutes fixing it again.
Some people shouldn't have kids if they aren't going to be an actual parent to them. Uh, I would have gotten in so much trouble if I ever did that at his age.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #11103 
Jodah

SK, I totally agree with you. Babies having babies = generations of people with no morals and no common sense. When I was a kid, if I did that, my dad woulda broke out the spankings. Without a second thought,
Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #11104 
Jodah

Not really a rant, but I can't edit my last post. Just got home to check on my betta, he made his first bubble nest! so excited!

Really is a rant: people really need to relearn how to freakin drive! yeesh!
Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #11105 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
SK, I totally agree with you. Babies having babies = generations of people with no morals and no common sense. When I was a kid, if I did that, my dad woulda broke out the spankings. Without a second thought,
My mom would have beat the daylights out of me and I'd never get to go to the store with her ever again.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #11106 
BeautifulBetta

^+1: I would've been soooo done if I had done that :S People don't know how to discipline their kids these days. I would've made him clean it all back up... *sigh* Thats not happening to me. Even the kids I used to babysit, I would discipline them more than the mom did, she would only threaten to put them in 'time out'. I'd actually do it.

On another note, this popped up on my DA today...GAH. I know its not bettas, but they're still fishies. Do these people not realize that these are goldfish, which are cold water fish?? Also, that tank is sooooooooo small for the size of those three fish. Good lord... http://icreepeer.deviantart.com/art/...NKKK-270996417
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #11107 
Jessiefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaylorKennedy View Post
Black Friday. I've shopped on it before and now I've worked it. No me gusta, lol. I put in for a closing shift (after the 5 hour sale, thank goodness) so I worked from 3-10 and man are there a lot of grouchy people. We had a lot of people up front and since we can't go home early anymore with the holidays they sent us out to other departments to help clean up and whatnot. I went to plumbing and was just facing stuff, putting stuff back in correct spots when some kid went up to the bottles of lotion that I just spent 5 minutes straightening when he knocked two shelves of it down on purpose. His mother goes over to him and by this time I'm over there too just looking at her and she goes "He likes dominoes, HAHA!" then walks away. Took every ounce of my not to say a word. I spent the next 20 minutes fixing it again.
Some people shouldn't have kids if they aren't going to be an actual parent to them. Uh, I would have gotten in so much trouble if I ever did that at his age.
Oh, my goodness. If that were my kid, he would've been helping you clean that up.

I went out in the Black Friday madness to a store near our house at 6 a.m. for 50% off socks (cheap adidas workout socks, yay!) and 60% off boots ($85 boots for $35? Yes, please!). And people were surly and rude. I mean, if you're just going to be like that, stay home! No one is forcing you to be out shopping at ungodly hours.

After that, my husband and I did three 45-min workout classes in a row at the Y. I'm... pretty sore today, needless to say.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #11108 
Salamandair

Stress Coat...Why are you not working with me tonight?! The last thing i need is for you to overfill the cup >_> Now I'm not sure if I overdosed the tank or not. Oh well. Guess we'll see. I don't have time to fix it tonight.

@BeautifulBetta: Since I'm math illiterate and can't convert Liters to gallons easily, I did a calculation and my god, almost 8 gallons for THREE fish? Do not like.

Last edited by Salamandair; 11-26-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Salamandair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #11109 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaylorKennedy View Post
I would have smacked that kid's mother silly and then some. (if anyone deserves to be pepper-sprayed, I'm voting for her) These days I'm hard-pressed to decide if I dislike the kids more, or their parents.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:58 AM   #11110 
BeautifulBetta

This video makes me wanna die...I don't care if it was for "one minute", what the heck is the point??! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGvS7...eature=related
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote