Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #31 
Jessiefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
I have more pictures to share! One is a drawing I did that hangs over her tank. You can see the thing I built out of styrofoam for her tank (it is covered in grout, is the the light/white/grey thing. I am not very happy with it so far. She is too tiny to use it well. I added a ton more bark so the bottom half is basically closed off for now and I put a hiding spot on the surface. I will rebuild eventually. Probably over the summer.
Nice! What size is Octavia's home?
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:55 AM   #32 
Laki

first of all, before I forget- kytkattin that's a BEAUTIFUL enclosure for Octavia!!

Second, to all those who hate roaches and crickets- you're all welcome to come to Newfoundland!! :D Neither can survive our climate! (ppl feed crickets to their reps and whtever but if they escape they cannot breed or last long outside, even in summer [my sister had a few escape a couple yrs back]) On the other hand, whoever said they're afraid of mice.. Well the older parts of town are crawling with them! sorry!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #33 
Pitluvs

We have wild crickets here O_o Roaches no, unless you count my Family name LOL
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #34 
purplemuffin

All the roaches used for food in captivity need to have like 85-90 degree warmth to breed..so if one escaped in your house, it might live for a while, but wouldn't make babies. But the good thing is dubias can't climb or jump..unlike crickets, yuck. It's nearly impossible to have crickets and not see an escapee! Yuck yuck!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #35 
Kytkattin

She is in a 10 gallon. I am not super happy with build. It was my first try... She is too tiny for it. And it isn't easy to clean/take out. I need to come up with other designs. No rush though, it is going to be my senior project!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote