Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #21 
LittleBettas

You know what, I hate to say this, but I got Ram Cichlids mixed up with Horned Cichlids.... OOPS!

But sadly this is not the first time have done this

Rams can be kept in a mn. of 10 gallons though larger is prefered, with a 29 gallon you can get two, a male female pair I think is prefered and THEY do well with other fish

LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #22 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Are you sure you had a ram? They only grow like 3 inches long. Don't see how that could be too big for a 30 gallon tank.

Lol, I did it when I had them, Horned Ciclids is what I was thinking, I always call them Rams (I think in was mislabeled at the petstore)

Old 11-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #23 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldsky View Post
Im definitely considering angelfish, they are SO pretty. Id want 2 but im a bit worried with aggression issues in case they dont turn out to be a spawning pair. Heard some nasty things about them when they get older.

Right now my options are:
1 King betta/1 small school of something or
2 Angelfish or
2 Chiclids (maybe 3) or
2 Ryukin goldfish

LOVE the ryukins though.
The little fatties are so adorable XD
I have always wanted to get one or two ryukins in my 55 gallon (which is empty right now), but I could never find one and I hear they are pretty expensive.

As much as I love all those fish, I still think Angelfish! They are just so beautiful. I suggest getting a maximum of 4 angelfish. At least two will pair off and later if you have the materials and want to breed them, then you can. Though if you aren't ready for a challenge I suggest the Ryukin! My uncle used to have one and the fish used to come up and rub against the glass. I used to pet him/her whenever he comes around.

They are truly beautiful fish.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #24 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldsky View Post
Im definitely considering angelfish, they are SO pretty. Id want 2 but im a bit worried with aggression issues in case they dont turn out to be a spawning pair. Heard some nasty things about them when they get older.

Right now my options are:
1 King betta/1 small school of something or
2 Angelfish or
2 Chiclids (maybe 3) or
2 Ryukin goldfish

LOVE the ryukins though.
The little fatties are so adorable XD
I have always wanted to get one or two ryukins in my 55 gallon (which is empty right now), but I could never find one and I hear they are pretty expensive.

As much as I love all those fish, I still think Angelfish! They are just so beautiful. I suggest getting a maximum of 4 angelfish. At least two will pair off and later if you have the materials and want to breed them, then you can. Though if you aren't ready for a challenge I suggest the Ryukin! My uncle used to have one and the fish used to come up and rub against the glass. I used to pet him/her whenever he comes around.

They are truly beautiful fish.

-BL2033
Old 11-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #25 
LittleBettaFish

No problems about the mix-up. I thought for a moment that I had been mistaken on how large rams actually grow. They are a nice-looking fish, but I know some, such as german blue rams, can be a bit sensitive.

Personally, I wouldn't do Angelfish. If they do pair off, Angelfish can become pretty aggressive towards each other. A 29 gallon tank isn't really that big considering their adult size, and it's not going to offer up a lot of places to get away from harassment.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #26 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
You know what, I hate to say this, but I got Ram Cichlids mixed up with Horned Cichlids.... OOPS!

But sadly this is not the first time have done this

Rams can be kept in a mn. of 10 gallons though larger is prefered, with a 29 gallon you can get two, a male female pair I think is prefered and THEY do well with other fish

Rams in a 10 gallon? I would think that only 2, at the most 3 would be able to live in a ten gallon because they are so active. I wouldn't even recommend them for a 15 gallon. Maybe 5 in a 20 gallon tank as they are very fast and active fish.

-BL2033
Old 11-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #27 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
No problems about the mix-up. I thought for a moment that I had been mistaken on how large rams actually grow. They are a nice-looking fish, but I know some, such as german blue rams, can be a bit sensitive.

Personally, I wouldn't do Angelfish. If they do pair off, Angelfish can become pretty aggressive towards each other. A 29 gallon tank isn't really that big considering their adult size, and it's not going to offer up a lot of places to get away from harassment.
Lol, my bad that time, lol, but yeah, I've heard the samething abou rams (being sensitive) though they DO get along with other fish and like fish....

Angelfish need HUGE tanks, they are BIG fish and can be aggressive,my grandparents used to keep a pair of them in a 100 gallon tank with three other fish and they did okay, though my grandfather always said they would have done better with the tank to theirself
Old 11-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #28 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Rams in a 10 gallon? I would think that only 2, at the most 3 would be able to live in a ten gallon because they are so active. I wouldn't even recommend them for a 15 gallon. Maybe 5 in a 20 gallon tank as they are very fast and active fish.

-BL2033

One in a 10 gallon I think its kin of like a betta in a 1 gallon tank.... it will do, but NOT ideal, 3 can be in a 10 gallon but I wouldnt do that

Rams do need a varied diet and they need live food to keep up their colors

http://cichlid.infocrux.com/Ram-Cichlid.html
Old 11-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #29 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Lol, my bad that time, lol, but yeah, I've heard the samething abou rams (being sensitive) though they DO get along with other fish and like fish....

Angelfish need HUGE tanks, they are BIG fish and can be aggressive,my grandparents used to keep a pair of them in a 100 gallon tank with three other fish and they did okay, though my grandfather always said they would have done better with the tank to theirself
I disagree. Angelfish only need a minimum of 30 gallons for at the most 3 (recommended), but I have successfully housed 4 in a 30 and 40 gallon tank. They don't NEED huge tanks, but they shouldn't be in anything smaller than 30 gallons.

-BL2033
Old 11-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #30 
bettalover2033

Quote:
One in a 10 gallon I think its kin of like a betta in a 1 gallon tank.... it will do, but NOT ideal, 3 can be in a 10 gallon but I wouldnt do that

Rams do need a varied diet and they need live food to keep up their colors

http://cichlid.infocrux.com/Ram-Cichlid.html
(I know this already and that is what I said).

Tags
blue lobster