Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #1 
bkelizabeth

Cool Oh, Michigan.

I've been attacking Google and nothing is turning up about anyyyy betta fish breeders in the lovely mitten state. I really want to buy a male for my boyfriend for Christmas (well, it's more for me, but..) and as much as I'd love to buy every fish at Meijer, Petco, etc., ...my boyfriend made it pretty clear that he wants something different. Who can blame him? I show him way to many videos/photos of magnificent-looking betta fish. Eee! I digress. I know of some really good breeders in the South, but I am so frightened of having someone ship a fish to me! If you've had a betta shipped or if you've shipped one, can I hear some success stories? :) Does anyone think that I should wait 'til next year (when it's warmer) to ship a betta? It gets pretty gosh darn cold here. I just need any info at all :D I'd really appreciate it. I'm not gonna make any decision 'til I research my heart out. Thanks guys

OH, ALSO, if anyone is from MICHIGAN and knows of any breeders at all (or stores that sell unique bettas), definitely reply :)

Last edited by bkelizabeth; 11-22-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: forgot something
bkelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

There are a lot of breeders in the Michigan area and surrounding states. The Michigan Betta Club is up there as well as the Midwest Betta Club. You can look up the emails for the contact person for each of those clubs on www.ibcbettas.org under the "Chapters" section. If you send them an email I'm sure they can find someone with available fish.

Shipping is generally pretty safe. Since it's colder it's recommended to do Express shipping with a heat pack which is going to be costly compared to priority shipping but it's better safe then sorry.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #3 
lorax84

Pruess's pets in Lansing has great bettas. I know I have seen half moons there and I once saw a couple of double tails. If Lansing is not too far for you it's worth the trip just to check out the store.
lorax84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #4 
bettalover2033

@1fish2fish: You helped me out too! Thanks. I just e-mailed them now.

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #5 
betta lover1507

i have same problem here, i checked IBC, i checked google, i checked stores, i checked almost EVERYTHING!!! and nothing =[
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #6 
bkelizabeth

Thanks for the replies everyone!!! <3 appreciate it
Old 11-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

bkelizabeth, let me know when you want the thread closed.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:11 AM   #8 
bkelizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
bkelizabeth, let me know when you want the thread closed.
we're good now!:) thanks
Old 11-28-2011, 11:09 PM   #9 
Hisaki Yuki001

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorax84 View Post
Pruess's pets in Lansing has great bettas. I know I have seen half moons there and I once saw a couple of double tails. If Lansing is not too far for you it's worth the trip just to check out the store.
That's what I was going to say....^_^ I live in Lansing. Unfortunately my current place is to small to breed. As for the question, if I did breed I'd probably just let you pick out and give you one.

Pruess Pets is a good store and if you could get down here, ask for Rick Pruess. He's the owner and is always willing to give advice. He helped me get the right items I needed when I was looking for an ideal setup while getting back into the hobby. Their bettas always look healthy and they tend to have some nice strains. They just don't really carry any Plakat is all.

The only problem I have with them is I've heard some of their staff is they still tell people the myth about Betta's able to live in tiny puddles. They did this once when I was talking a lady there into buying a nice setup with filter and heater for her Betta she was buying. After they talked with her, she left with a tiny bowl.

Note: Sorry, just realized you were ready to close the thread.
Hisaki Yuki001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #10 
LaLaLeyla

I've lived in Michigan for 14 years until i moved to south dakota over the summer.

Oh how I miss the Mich. :C
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote