Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2011, 12:01 AM   #221 
pyro fiend

u guys are making me want a sororitie so bad now n my fam says "NO MORE PETS" lol i only hav 5 fish total[2betta 2 goldie 1 pleco]1 snake and like 70 feeder rats -.- lol it isnt enough XD [they dont know how many rats i have they think its like 10 or 11 i think lolol]
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:27 AM   #222 
Silverfang

I made the rookie mistake of not QTing fish. From a store that does not take good care of their pets I realize. Never buying from there again.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #223 
pyro fiend

ya id get mine slowly or all from same spawn from sum1 on here or somethin. if i dont get them from a spawn ima QT ea for like a month month n a half. and then see how there aggression is twards males and reflections the ones that are like LA DE DA will go first the "RAWR LEME AT EM" will go last :P
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:37 AM   #224 
kfryman

Good post I want another betta or a sorority but my mom thinks I'm crazy. All i want is a ten gallon and a 2.5
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #225 
Guppie luver

Sororitys are so worth it just keep the temp solid and the quality good.
Guppie luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #226 
Tikibirds

Quote:
I'm always freaked out by all these stories of females in sororities coming down with columnaris. I've always wondered whether the underlying stress of living together is what causes these outbreaks to occur, or whether it has something to do with the 'overstocking' to minimize aggression that is generally recommended.
Hmmm...

I would say it's unrelated to stress. All my girls came from either walmart or petco (sorry but im not shipping a fish from Thailand to Alaska), different ages, different sizes. I had some girls that when they were in a smaller tank alone they were an ugly olive color and stress striped. Nothing I did seemed to fix it till I started a girls tank. After a few days in it, the stripes were gone and they colored up to be some of the most beautiful fish I have seen.

I highly recommned having meds for such things like velvet, ick and columnaris on hand before setting up a sorority. I dont have access to alot of the meds locally and by the time they would arrive via amazon.com, the fish will be long gone.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #227 
mjoy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Hmmm...

I would say it's unrelated to stress. All my girls came from either walmart or petco (sorry but im not shipping a fish from Thailand to Alaska), different ages, different sizes. I had some girls that when they were in a smaller tank alone they were an ugly olive color and stress striped. Nothing I did seemed to fix it till I started a girls tank. After a few days in it, the stripes were gone and they colored up to be some of the most beautiful fish I have seen.
I agree. the only time my girls lose color and develop stress stripes is when I cup them for water changes. They hate it! Even though they nip at each other occasionally, I think they enjoy each other's company!
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #228 
kfryman

I have a question how frequently do you add them, I already know to add 2 or 3 at a time but how long can you add more?
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #229 
bettafish15

I added mine in as quick as I could one by one.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:20 AM   #230 
LittleBettas

Soon....
I havemy 10 gallon tank that will be set up tomorrow...
my girls have been shipped out today :) (planning to QT them for a few days to watch for any signs of stress orany problems from shipping)
Im so excited!!!!

:)
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote