Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #5001 
Myates

Nice tanks everyone... Chase, just a warning, the 2 plants on the right in Khan's tank are notorious for ripping fins- just keep an eye on them. Tank is large enough that I doubt he'll run into much trouble with them. But those "fluffy" ones with small points are just a pain >.<
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #5002 
hannahesponge

Do you recommend I take the plants out altogether? Which plants do you recommend? He has gotten stuck in it once:(
hannahesponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #5003 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoy79 View Post
love your set up. great job! what size tanks are those?
The one is a 20long and the other is a 10 gallon...I plan on getting another 20gallon to replace the 10 gallon eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardi View Post
Beautiful setup! Those are some lucky Betta's!!!
Thankyou!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namazzi View Post
Littlebittyfish: I love your betta wall! XD
Thankyou!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #5004 
undergunfire

This is our new 10 gallon tank that I got for $17 on Black Friday :). We also purchased a super nice tank stand from Petco for $45 (it was $200 and has been on clearance for months).

Its all live plants. This is my first try at it, so I will add more as I see how it goes. I still need to purchase some more moss balls, but need to find a better source then the Pet"somethings" because they aren't looking healthy there.

We are dividing it tonight and will be putting Jesco White in one side and Ghost Rider in the other side. We've been waiting to monitor the temps for a few days...now its a nice 80F in there!

After this I need to cool it on buying tanks! I've purchased soooo many tanks since a year ago (well, not even...started keeping fish at the end of Dec. last year!!) and I've spent probably $1,000 and don't really have anything to show for it. I currently have the bettas set up in a 37 gallon divided 4 ways...but I hate it!
undergunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #5005 
Chase

What kind of plants?
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #5006 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahesponge View Post
Do you recommend I take the plants out altogether? Which plants do you recommend? He has gotten stuck in it once:(
Silk plants work the best, and safest to use for them if you don't want to go down the live plant route.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #5007 
Namazzi

10 gallon for 17?? Oh I wish I was there... XD It's very pretty. What type of plants are those?
Namazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #5008 
undergunfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namazzi View Post
10 gallon for 17?? Oh I wish I was there... XD It's very pretty. What type of plants are those?
Thank you!!

I wish I could have gotten another one, LOL! Its from PetSmart and is the Tetra brand...came with the hood & Tetra whisper filter (which we decided to just use our Marineland Bio). I think they are on sale for a few more weeks for $25, which is still a good deal IMO.

The plants are Amazon Sword and...uhh...I can't remember the little ones .
Old 11-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #5009 
PewPewPew

Take those suckers out of those pots! The swords will squander without room to root!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #5010 
undergunfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Take those suckers out of those pots! The swords will squander without room to root!

Thank you for that information . I thought I read somewhere that it was best they stay in the pots. They do have pretty long nice roots as it is!

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank