Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #11 
Fasht

I took some pictures the other day cause he was having his tail biting episode. I'll post them later when i get back home
Fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #12 
tpocicat

I looked again and you're right, he IS a HM, sorry.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #13 
LittleBettas

You can always go wih a hobby breeder from the forum ;)

I think all of her females are gone, but Darkmoon had a spwan that would have matched your copper boy GREAT (I got six fishies from her ;) )

- they are Dragons though, your boy isnt...-

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=83844

Other than that, unless you do AB, I'd keep your eyes open here :)
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #14 
cajunamy
Banned

You can spawn pet store bettas, but you need to be aware that not knowing their background may produce some unwanted results. You will have to be willing to cull out deformities, and know that your fish may not breed true.

That said, both are very nice looking males, they appear healthy and that is a good start. They look as if they may have come from a good breeder, that has lines and not just throwing any fish together. But like I said above, not knowing genetic backgrounds is a risk. You have to ask yourself if you're willing to take that risk though.

Crossing CT to HM will result in very messy fins. You wouldn't get nice looking half-suns until at least 2nd, but probably more like 3rd or 4th generation. And messy fins are harder to home - if you couldn't keep them permanently in adequate quarters you'd have to cull them out as well, just for the fact that you can't find them homes.

If you have adequate space, time and money then go for it :) I recommend following the guides stickied at the top of this forum, they're a great place to start.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:55 PM   #15 
betta lover1507

if ya spawn CTxHM you gonna get some halfsuns, very pretty finnage, i suggest the black/red? then also blue marbles are pretty , OMG i can't do this your males are too gorgeous breed both LOL am kidding you'll might end up with 200 fries to care for lol :P
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #16 
Fasht

I think I'll be doing HM x HM now since I just got my new black orchid CT from petco, So excited that they actually have this type of CT in petco, looks very much like a thailand breed
Attached Images

Fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #17 
Gloria

Cajun is VERY right. You have to be careful with breeding pet sotre Bettas, you don't know their background and that can make it a little tricky. I now know this from experience, so make sure you take that advice into account..
All of you males are VERY nice. I personally would spawn your red/copper boy.
Good luck
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #18 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasht View Post
I think I'll be doing HM x HM now since I just got my new black orchid CT from petco, So excited that they actually have this type of CT in petco, looks very much like a thailand breed

WOW... hes gorgeous!!!!
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #19 
Gloria

Have you decided on which male you are definetly going to bred or are you still deciding? When are you getting a female? What type of female are you going to be getting? When are you planning to bred? Are you going to make a new thread once you are breeding/ about to breed?

These are all the question I wanted to ask you :)
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #20 
tpocicat

I once bred pet store bettas, only ended up with four. Only one had ventral fins!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote