Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #41 
inkrealm

aw, I'm glad I could be... I just wish there could have been more help to offer...
inkrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #42 
jeterfan3

Thank you. My boyfriend bought me a 5-gallon tank and decorative items to go inside. He bought me a blue and pinkish/orange betta. He was in Walmart in the back. I found 4 dead bettas at Walmart and told the associate to clean the cups. Poor fish living in their own poop, so very sad. I wanted a Walmart fish to save. His fins have tiny holes so I am assuming he was perhaps paired wtih a more aggressive fish at some point?

Anyway, I just wanted to share that my betta fish is housed with a couple of snails and algae eater. This betta is not as aggressive as LilFish was... I think I will name this fish Bluey, what do you think?

With this new 5 gallon tank, I have a filter pump with water heater, aquarium thermometer. I tested the pH. All is good.
jeterfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #43 
inkrealm

aww :3 so glad to hear that :3 I hope he'll do well :3 the holes may be finrot, but if you keep the water good and clean they'll probably heal up without any need for fresh water aquarium salt :3 wal-mart is an awful place D:

Bluey is an adorable name :D thankyou so much for sharing the update :3 the snails and algae eaters can also be pretty cute :D
the only I would check is if the tank is big enough for the algae eater, as I've heard a five galoon may only be acceptable for one betta and a snail or two :3" watch the ammonia really well too :3
Old 12-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #44 
jeterfan3

Yeah, I only have one betta, one snail, and one algae eater. Do you think that is okay? I read somewhere it should be okay, but let me know either way.

I put some Maracyn in the tank yesterday. I need to do it again today. I just read your message now. I started yesterday with the Maracyn because Bluey was acting sluggish and hardly eating. Now he's very active today!

Walmart is so horrible with how they take care of their Bettas. In every store, I have been, there have been dead bettas in their cups. Just awful.
jeterfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #45 
inkrealm

not sure... I'd ask in the fish comparability forum. I asked about tankmates for a five gallon once and they told me I could only have a snail, didn't mention algae eaters... you could still ask though ^-^ glad he's doing well :3