Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #1 
TheCheese909

Ulcer on Betta Female - Melafix?

I had a post on here before while I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my friends betta female. It turns out it's an Ulcer cause by jumping from her tank a few months ago. A patch of scales dried out and never got their colour back and simply stayed brown instead of turning green again.

Now she has this ulcer on her side that was red and bleeding which has now turned white. It hasn't gotten any better but she's still acting like a normal fish

She's in QT and is getting daily water changes along with aquarium salt and Maracide, Maracyn 1 & 2, but not altogether. I don't know what all she's giving her ever day. The fish isn't getting any better.

I've been doing research and I keep seeing people say to use a full dose of Melafix and it will help. But I also remember hearing awhile back that Melafix can kill a betta fish because it damages its labyrinth organ. Is it okay to give her Melafix or should we stay away from it?
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #2 
Sakura8

I would definitely advise staying away from MelaFix. The potential for harm outweighs any help it can give. Can you possibly get a pic of your friend's betta?

I know Maracide won't help much. Maracyn I and II in combo should have helped. :/ If you can find out exactly what meds and how long she's been giving each med, that would help.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote