Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #1 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Arrow Looking For HM or HMPK Female

... that's mostly similar to my old girl Leliia.

Listed after her best pictures below I could ever get of her (it's true to her colors), her album is linked to give you more of an idea. (As a warning... some pictures are really bad and could never be fixed to do her justice. xD;; )

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/...20Fish/Leliia/

I bought her on eBay.... she was listed as a Chocolate HMPK Dragon Female (or something to that effect), but she's the only one I have ever seen with her colors. Well... there was one. But the seller's in Canada and she had no transhipper to work through.

I'm in the USA and would prefer to get the fish here... but if you see a Thai-raised one somewhere, link me to it! (I just don't know how much I'd be able to buy an overseas fish because of price and because I'll be leaving for the military soon, too.) I'm doing a bit of searching on IBC's website, but I'm not optimistic I'll have luck there. I've been searching for months for anyone that's similar to her.

Thanks for the help,
-Blakbird
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:17 AM   #2 
purplemuffin

Overseas prices aren't too different from american breeders--an extra 5-7 dollars from what I've seen. But it's the regular shipping that gets ya!!

Good luck finding another gal like her! I LOVE her colors as well! I'd like to see more bettas with these tropical bright colors! :D She looks like she is on vacation in hawaii!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #3 
GrellxUndertaker

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1323243867 (in the USA)
She looks a little darker then Leliia, but i hope you like her, And good luck in your search ^^
GrellxUndertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #4 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
Overseas prices aren't too different from american breeders--an extra 5-7 dollars from what I've seen. But it's the regular shipping that gets ya!!

Good luck finding another gal like her! I LOVE her colors as well! I'd like to see more bettas with these tropical bright colors! :D She looks like she is on vacation in hawaii!
I don't mind overseas, really... but seeing as I don't have an income (it's the holidays, why u no hire, Florida?) I'm a bit pressed. If I'm going to get another betta, though, might as well be someone I could use for breeding once I'm out. Not to mention that, if I did get the fish from overseas, I'd have to wait a bit longer until she came here. Depending on when they send out their shipments to the USA, then the transhipper sends them after the fish clear customs, etc. ... And I'd be paying shipping to both the transhipper and the overseas seller. I've spent $80 on a fish on AB.com before as a final total. :P

I never thought about that, but yeah, she totally does look Hawaiian! Wish I heard that sooner. She did have a Hawaiian surfer attitude in her own funny little way. x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrellxUndertaker View Post
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1323243867 (in the USA)
She looks a little darker then Leliia, but i hope you like her, And good luck in your search ^^
Thanks for the link! I hate to be picky, but I'd like to keep it the light blue dragon scales at least... she is a pretty gal, though. I love the long fins. <3 Something I've thought about looking for in a new girl, as well, but it's not high on priority. ;)
Old 12-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #5 
GrellxUndertaker

I like to stalk aquabid (just to look at all the pretty fish) I'll keep an eye out for any others that are similar.
GrellxUndertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #6 
purplemuffin

I just had an idea!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Intern...15831518434443

This is the IBC betta site. You just have to like the page, you don't have to join IBC, but you could post her picture there and all the breeders involved can keep an eye out! :D I see lots of big time breeders post on there!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #7 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Awesome, thanks! This'll help out a lot!