Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #1 
tonyr570

sick betta not sure if it's going to make it

Ok so my friends sister has a betta and it's sick. I'm kind of the animal guy in my group of friends so they came to me. I don't really know much about bettas but I'll try and explain the situation. The fish is sitting on it's tail upright and occasionally swimming to the top or sides of the tank. It looks like it has a gas bubble or something but it's not floating it's on the bottom of the tank. I don't really have a lot off details because it's not my fish but I'll try and get any info I can if any one can help. Thanks for any help you can give.
tonyr570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #2 
Myates

If you can get a picture, that would be helpful..
As for gas bubble.. is it in the substrate or the fish? Not quite understanding..

If you can, find out these answers as well:

Size of the tank
Is it heated (what is the temp)
How often and how much (%) is the water cleaned
Is water conditioner used
How much food are they feed, how often and what type of food

Answers to those may lead to what is going on, and could help us help you better.
For now, tell them to do a large (or 100% if no filter on the tank) water change with like-temp water and conditioner.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #3 
tonyr570

Water temp is about 75 degrees. it's being fed wardley brand betta pellets. I'll try to get a picture. A for the gas bubble thing I was saying the top half of the fish is pointing up towards the top of the tank like it has a bubble that's making it sit vertically.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #4 
tonyr570

Ok well she doesn't know the tank size, next time I go over there I will find out but she sent me two pictures of the fish.
Attached Images

Tags
constipated, sitting, sitting on bottom, sitting upright, swim bladder