Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 06:59 AM   #1 
Mike

How can we improve bettafish.com?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how we can improve bettafish.com to make participating here more interesting, a better experience, etc.? Are there any additional forums you would like to see added?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #2 
kathstew

I think more moderators should be added. There are only like, two moderators who are constantly posting in bettafish.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #3 
vilmarisv

Good idea kathstew. Moderators posting is not something that you see everyday but for all we know they might be constantly monitoring the threads.
It would be great if when a thread was reported as breaking the rules it would be shut down quickly. I know we all have lives and I'm not complaining as it doesn't affect me personally but I reported a thread and it took 2 (?) days to get a response. I've seen others be shut down very quickly so I'm sure whoever manages that part is good at listening to members.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

It may take awhile because sometimes the staff has to discuss it and since we aren't always on at the same time, it could take a few days.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #5 
Laki

Another forum I am on regularly keeps a small chat box at the top of the page for quick chats. Links and pictures are not allowed on the chat, it is just for IM and social purposes. There are some girls there who chat on it regularly. Some people post on it to direct members to an important thread or ask a quick question. I was thinking about a chatbox for this forum for a while. It doesn't take you to another page, you can still browse the forum and chat. To limit spam on it though, there is a limited post requirement in order to use it.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #6 
Tikibirds

I was gonna say real time chat as well.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #7 
Pitluvs

Some interesting things I have seen over the ages:

- Status updates, they could go under our member names on the left
<------- I find these really neat!

- New Bettas forum, where you can show off your newest addition. I find the "Welcome Home" posts get lost and are rarely commented on.

- The "Like" option, or "Thank You" like TFK has?

- More color scheme options? If that's do-able. Choosing how the forum looks for each individual is a plus.

I'm happy with how the moderation is being done :)
Old 12-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #8 
irbyma7297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Another forum I am on regularly keeps a small chat box at the top of the page for quick chats. Links and pictures are not allowed on the chat, it is just for IM and social purposes. There are some girls there who chat on it regularly. Some people post on it to direct members to an important thread or ask a quick question. I was thinking about a chatbox for this forum for a while. It doesn't take you to another page, you can still browse the forum and chat. To limit spam on it though, there is a limited post requirement in order to use it.
Yeah, i agree with Laki, a chat box would be great!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I kind of like the idea of a Welcome new members forum.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #10 
purplemuffin

I'd like to have the ability to have a 'blog' or 'journal' that can be edited any time we please. Maybe it's a privilege that's earned after a few hundred posts or maybe you have to request permission so they aren't abused(though I don't see how they would be)

I can see a lot of possible uses:
-Regular off topic or on topic journal entries. Something longer than a post on the forum when something big is going on
-an organized list of projects that can be edited. Tank builds, planned purchases, check lists
-A list with links to all your major threads you've participated in (links to spawn logs and where babies are being sold)
-"all my bettas/pets" page with photos and info on each one. Since these could be later edited it's easy to add new friends, or move ones who have passed on to a journal about betta memories. Of course they would still post them in the memorial section, but it's a way to see all the bettas someone has, had, or is about to have(spawn logs and all)
-A longer "about me" page, or even an ongoing place to talk about non betta art.
-Anything that just doesn't fit in it's own thread. Maybe it doesn't contribute anything, or it's not something people can really reply to and make a thread with, but it's something you need off your chest. Things either too big that you don't want getting lost in the forum, or too little to really be important to post anywhere else. Maybe you just have a journal that you like dragon ball z or something and the fanart you have done.

People can comment on journals, or someone could make a journal locked so no one can post if they wish. Maybe an option to make it so only people on their friends list can see it. I would like it if journals are invisible unless you join the site. I love that people can google search and find this forum(people can search for problems, and this site can come up and therefore they can fix their problems) but a journal would be more private!
Closed Thread