Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #1 
LittleBettas

My Rescue babies :)

Pandora
rescued from a purebred shelter- specializes in certain breeds, was suppoced to be euthanized due to behavioral problems, anxiety, severe seperation anxiety, aggression to people and other dogs, possessive, tempermental to her body being touched, occasionally will jump and attack (random objects or livng things) believed to be a ex-puppymill breeder, she was found abandoned on the side of the road (a common practise when a breeding dog no longer produces), was adopted out to a home where she was abused, then taken back in and it was decided her behavioral problems made her unadoptable... drove cross country to prevent her from being put down... she is 10 years? and as crabby as ever :P

Chai Latte

An accidental breeding by a lady on welfare... she was on her way to drop the litter off at a no-kill shelter that does not adopt out bully breeds... so, unintentionally a death sentence, Chai is 2 year old pitbull (dilute bridle), trained in flyball (dog relay race), top of her training classes, on her way to be a certified therapy dog (if we can get ger to stop knocking EVERYTHING over... clutz :) ) also being trained for dock diving

Waiting to be released to get a bottle from the water

Punk

Found on the side of the road, she is feral and while she is learning to rust people, she shuts down near new people and becomes very skittish when food is involved, she has problems going through doorways when people are around (may have once been owned and abused) maybe 2 years, terrier mix gal who LOVES the beach!

Monty

Rescued Box Turtle, owned by a family friend's kid who got bored, she was put in a 5 gallon tank on the bottom of a book shelf and was forgotten about (no food or water) for 3 months, finaly talked the owners into giving her to me... first experiance with a turtle... or reptile.... but Im in love with the mean gal, she tries to bite my finger at every opportunity, but shes finally healthy and she LOVES "scuba diving" (sitting in herwater dish and putting her head under water) she loves basking in her heat lamp (something she has never had to my knowledge) digging in th moss and cconut shavings (she lived on newspapers before) and eating fresh organic fruits and veggis with the occasional egg, chicken, or worm :)

POed at me for what ever reason as always :P

Taking a worm to her "lair"

LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #2 
Salamandair

Awww, they're all so cute! I love the fact that you rescued them all :) You have a good heart.
Salamandair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:47 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Those animals are very lucky to have you giving them so much love.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:58 AM   #4 
LittleBettas

Aw :) Thank you both :)
Im a big animal lover and I've been volunteering with local shelters for YEARS, lol, lots of experiance with dogs, and I've become a huge advocate for rescuing.... pretty much donate ALL of my free time to arrangin transportation, foster, adoption, and rescue :) I love doing it :)
Old 12-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #5 
Salamandair

That's really great of you. I truly think rescuing animals is the best thing, which is why I always will adopt animals and never buy them (with the exception of my bettas, lol.)

I've always wanted to volunteer at a shelther, but I just haven't had the time lately. It sucks.
Salamandair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #6 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

Littlebettas..... you are a wonderful person!! I can sense your animal confidence and experience just from how you write about your new babies. Thank you for sharing! We have a 2 dog limit in our town or I would have at least 5! My only grand baby is a rescued Blue Tick Coon Hound. Sweetest gentle boy alive! Here he is while at my house being babysat for the day.... "Gramma can we go outside?" (this was a year ago and that look in his eyes is gone now but I'm sure he always worries if mom and dad are gonna come home each day!) Bless you!
Attached Images

SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #7 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Littlebettas, your animals are very lucky to have you. Who knows what would have happened to them if you didn't take them in.

I just can not understand people who abuse, mistreat, or ignore a pet in their care.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #8 
Leeniex

I wish there were more people like you in the world. What a beautiful family, even the mean turtle, lol.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #9 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamandair View Post
That's really great of you. I truly think rescuing animals is the best thing, which is why I always will adopt animals and never buy them (with the exception of my bettas, lol.)

I've always wanted to volunteer at a shelther, but I just haven't had the time lately. It sucks.
Thank you :)
its a lot of fun, it can be tough, I mainly volunteer with high kill shelters, my BF hates it (when you spend a lot of time at shelters messing with the animals, it starts to get to you)
I spent three years volunteering everyday... some days from 7am to 6pm, I love doing it, I dont have as much time anymore, but when I can, I try to (though I also assist shelters with online work now, SO much easier time wise)
Old 12-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #10 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakiebabie View Post
Littlebettas..... you are a wonderful person!! I can sense your animal confidence and experience just from how you write about your new babies. Thank you for sharing! We have a 2 dog limit in our town or I would have at least 5! My only grand baby is a rescued Blue Tick Coon Hound. Sweetest gentle boy alive! Here he is while at my house being babysat for the day.... "Gramma can we go outside?" (this was a year ago and that look in his eyes is gone now but I'm sure he always worries if mom and dad are gonna come home each day!) Bless you!
My apartment has a 2 dog limit.... technicaly speaking, Chai and Pandora are mine and Punk is my BFs... the way we found around it... though truly the manager turns a blind eye :)

I LOVE hounds, they are the sweetest most gentle dogs EVER, they always have such a wise look about them :)
thank you!